6.5 creedmoor vs 308win

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope 22 Long rifle has killed more. Bullet placement is critical with any round.
Really? You dont say? In discussion of rifles for deer, pig, maybe elk- because i said the .30 cal at .308/.30-06 velocites has taken more game than almost any other- you have to try to “ correct” me with .22 lr and shot placement? Yes everyone knows that while the .22 is not legal for deer- deer have been killed with it. Shot placement matters for all rounds- but .22lr requires a central nervous system hit, and has no place in a discussion of “ deer rifle” cartridges.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 6.5 CM was made popular by the PRS crowd back in the day due to its better LR performance than the 308. The 6.5 quickly fell in popularity within that crowd to the 6mm.

It’s funny how when you think of a 6.5CM shooter you visualize a man bun in sandals but when you do the same with a 260 Remington shooter he’s someone like Jim Shockey. Identical ballistic and all.
It’s funny how when you think of a 6.5CM shooter you visualize a man bun in sandals.
You left off the man bun. LOL!

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? You dont say? In discussion of rifles for deer, pig, maybe elk- because i said the .30 cal at .308/.30-06 velocites has taken more game than almost any other- you have to try to “ correct” me with .22 lr and shot placement? Yes everyone knows that while the .22 is not legal for deer- deer have been killed with it. Shot placement matters for all rounds- but .22lr requires a central nervous system hit, and has no place in a discussion of “ deer rifle” cartridges.
The original post was comparing 6.5 creed to the 308 , so where are you with the post?

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The original post was comparing 6.5 creed to the 308 , so where are you with the post?
The 6.5 vs .308... velocites are similar, case size almost same. The .308 has more frontal surface are, makes bigger holes, and is superior at normal hunting ranges. The creedmore/.260/6.5x55- has a longer, narrower ( higher b.c., efficient) bullet- which holds its velocity better, less wind drift at long ranges- so if you shoot mule deer or smaller game wise ( i see 6.5 as borderline for elk, but some folks do use it), and take longer shots, or want a rifle for long range precision (300+ yds)- then the 6.5 is better for that application..

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 6.5 vs .308... velocites are similar, case size almost same. The .308 has more frontal surface are, makes bigger holes, and is superior at normal hunting ranges. The creedmore/.260/6.5x55- has a longer, narrower ( higher b.c., efficient) bullet- which holds its velocity better, less wind drift at long ranges- so if you shoot mule deer or smaller game wise ( i see 6.5 as borderline for elk, but some folks do use it), and take longer shots, or want a rifle for long range precision (300+ yds)- then the 6.5 is better for that application..
So if you get a 6.5 creedmoor your good from say 10 yards to 300+

Latest posts

Top Bottom