$620 billion in tax hikes, $15 billion in spending cuts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As someone that has eaten my fair share of crow through the years, I recommend lots and lots of hot sauce. :D

I can not wait until the list of which senators voted for this crap is published. If one of ours did they WILL be hearing from me.

EDIT: Oh crap. It passed the senate with only 8 voting against it and none of them were ours.

Glad to see Rubio didnt vote for this.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I need to swap this out
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_1695A332_CA8E_4B3E_8Ede40cd7506b6a6257eb9b821d9373c52.jpg

With this
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_9EB225CA_A38A_492F_A951677252011d9525f73090b49f8b4ac9.jpg

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Drudge Report Headline :

NEW REPUBLICAN MATH: $1 IN CUTS FOR EVERY $41 IN TAXES

Yeah............. Republicans are so much better.

We'll see how much you guys like the Republicans after they vote to take away your "assualt" rifles and "high capacity" magazines.

DemoCrips & ReBloodlicans : 2 Criminal Gangs

primeoflife321

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...this is even more insane when you figure in that the "Cuts" aren't even cuts. They are reductions of future increases. So in all actuality, it is all increased revenue and no actual reduction of real spending.

I wish more of the American people understood this. Ughhh

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the Tulsa World article regarding Inhofe and Coburn's position on the deal. (I also think it's amazing that some republicans in the house hoped the tax hike would take effect so that they could vote for a tax cut (even though they failed to stop the tax hike in the first place)).

“While this bill is far from perfect, it does prevent massive tax increases while making tax cuts permanent for 99 percent of Americans," said Coburn. "Congress and the president, however, have a lot of work to do to address our long-term spending problem. Our debt – which is 120 percent of our economy if you count federal, state and local debt – is still the greatest threat to our national security. We will never address that threat until Congress and the president acknowledge that the only way to save entitlement programs is to change them.” Inhofe agreed the deal is not ideal, but said “Senate Democrats have caved to making permanent the Bush tax cuts for 99 percent of Americans. The deal will cement the tax cuts for individuals making less than $400,000 a year or $450,000 for families, and permanently fix the Alternative Minimum Tax."

Inhofe said Republicans also got the better of the deal on inheritance taxes.

Inhofe downplayed concerns that the bill does not do enough to curb spending. He said the two-month reprieve for automatic cuts that will go into effect at midnight tonight unless the House of Representatives follows the Senate's lead will allow for more thoughtful attention to that aspect of deficit reduction.

"One of my greatest concerns about the fiscal cliff has been the devastating cuts that would happen to our military due to defense sequestration," Inhofe said. "This deal avoids those cuts for two months to allow for a better solution. While I would like to have sequestration addressed, I am hopeful the deal’s two-month delay will help us better prioritize deep spending cuts while protecting our military and national security."

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh and just wait till the mid term congressional elections. Then we'll get to hear all over the country how represenative so and so stood firm and congress man so and so stood up to to O'susana and the status quo all by himself. And most likely he'll get reelected for another term of spend spend spend. That'll show 'em!

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From the Tulsa World article regarding Inhofe and Coburn's position on the deal. (I also think it's amazing that some republicans in the house hoped the tax hike would take effect so that they could vote for a tax cut (even though they failed to stop the tax hike in the first place)).

“While this bill is far from perfect, it does prevent massive tax increases while making tax cuts permanent for 99 percent of Americans," said Coburn. "Congress and the president, however, have a lot of work to do to address our long-term spending problem. Our debt – which is 120 percent of our economy if you count federal, state and local debt – is still the greatest threat to our national security. We will never address that threat until Congress and the president acknowledge that the only way to save entitlement programs is to change them.” Inhofe agreed the deal is not ideal, but said “Senate Democrats have caved to making permanent the Bush tax cuts for 99 percent of Americans. The deal will cement the tax cuts for individuals making less than $400,000 a year or $450,000 for families, and permanently fix the Alternative Minimum Tax."

Inhofe said Republicans also got the better of the deal on inheritance taxes.

Inhofe downplayed concerns that the bill does not do enough to curb spending. He said the two-month reprieve for automatic cuts that will go into effect at midnight tonight unless the House of Representatives follows the Senate's lead will allow for more thoughtful attention to that aspect of deficit reduction.

"One of my greatest concerns about the fiscal cliff has been the devastating cuts that would happen to our military due to defense sequestration," Inhofe said. "This deal avoids those cuts for two months to allow for a better solution. While I would like to have sequestration addressed, I am hopeful the deal’s two-month delay will help us better prioritize deep spending cuts while protecting our military and national security."

This pretty much proves that Inhofe and company are part of the "inside" problem. Until they quit spending $1 for every 60 cents they take in, we are digging our hole deeper and deeper. This Congress and this President will never address the real problem, spending.

All this spending and printing money is in actuality, a tax on the people. As the Fed prints more money and devalues the existing currency, your paycheck buys less and less of the things you need to survive. They are taxing us to death both directly and indirectly yet the brain-dead population doesn't see it.

I feel sorry for people like my parents who worked hard their whole lives and are now retired with a nice nest egg. That nest egg is gaining basically zero interest in the bank and Gov't policy/money printing is devaluing their savings. They are having their life savings stolen by an irresponsible gov't run by ciminal banksters behind the scenes.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This pretty much proves that Inhofe and company are part of the "inside" problem. Until they quit spending $1 for every 60 cents they take in, we are digging our hole deeper and deeper. This Congress and this President will never address the real problem, spending.

All this spending and printing money is in actuality, a tax on the people. As the Fed prints more money and devalues the existing currency, your paycheck buys less and less of the things you need to survive. They are taxing us to death both directly and indirectly yet the brain-dead population doesn't see it.

I feel sorry for people like my parents who worked hard their whole lives and are now retired with a nice nest egg. That nest egg is gaining basically zero interest in the bank and Gov't policy/money printing is devaluing their savings. They are having their life savings stolen by an irresponsible gov't run by ciminal banksters behind the scenes.

Agreed. It's getting OLD. Protesting is getting old and they're not listening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom