7.62x54r anywhere besides h&h?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roknruin1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some ammo for my mosin and psl-54c. Called h&h yesterday but their non steel ammo is 24 dollars for 25 rounds so im way cool on that crap. Ive got a couple spams coming in but they wont be here till monday i dont think and i wanna go shoot now. =]

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some ammo for my mosin and psl-54c. Called h&h yesterday but their non steel ammo is 24 dollars for 25 rounds so im way cool on that crap. Ive got a couple spams coming in but they wont be here till monday i dont think and i wanna go shoot now. =]

Brigadoon has Prvi Partizan for around $18 a box. That is the cheapest non-steel cored/ non-corrosive 7.62X54R that I have came across in town. The cheapest non-corrosive steel cored that I have found is $8.99 a box over at OAS (Brown Bear).

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most surplus 7.62x54R ammo is steel jacketed, but not steel core. You don't see much of that anymore as it's not been importable for quite a while. One should assume that any surplus ammo is corrosive. CB

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
spams? I really wouldn't shoot milsurp from a PSL unless it's the good Russian milsurp 7n1 ammo

Why not shoot surplus in the PSL? I've sent about 5-700 rds down range thru mine. All surplus lightball. Hungarian was the best followed by czech(s&B) then russian. Only one problem with a case head partial separation. The weapon tried to come out of battery before the pressure curve had dropped sufficently. Polished the locking lugs and haven't had any more problems. They were made for this stuff. On the down side you need to clean it throughly when you return from the range. That's the reason I bought it, to shoot cheap ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom