8 yr old gets pepper spray from police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Maximus-

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All taking the kid's privileges away will do is make him more careful not to get caught. :rolleyes2

Okay, sarcasm off.

Obviously, this is a parody of one of the arguments that I have heard from anti-spanking activists. This argument seems to be that if you spank a kid all that does is make them more careful not to get caught, but they don't see that the same argument can also be made about any punishment or discipline.
IMO, this kid got off lucky. The police officer's action was entirely appropriate.

I am not anti-spanking, I just don't think it would work in his case due to his level of violence.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a fine line. The kid has to "believe" he's gonna die. In my experience- they need to "see the elephant" WAY before things get out of hand.

Time outs are great... but when a kid gets brave enough to toe the line--- "swift response" gets it done. All the child abuse pundits never mention--- a legit ass whoopin usually only happens a time or two- if a kid has any sense at all--- and the parents have been consistant is what the STANDARDS for behavior are for their household. If you dont have clear STANDARDS and beat your kids your just a kid beater.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I think what everyone is saying, is they never would have done something like this in the first place, because if they had... "or else"

It's a long road for this kid to ever get back to being a responsible member of society. If you get to the point that you are willing to throw chairs at people at 8, there's very little I can think of that could be done as punishment short of severe pain, servile like work loads, and absolutely getting NOTHING he wants... for a LONG time.

I'll join the "If I'd done something like this... I probably wouldn't be here today" crowd.

You could get Old Testament on him...
Deut 21:18-21
"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, that will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and, though they chasten him, will not hearken unto them;
then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
and they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
And all the men of his city shall stone him to death with stones: so shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

Latest posts

Top Bottom