Muskogee police Pepper spray 84 year old woman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course it SHOULD be, but there are endless examples of the public's safety being the furthest thing from an officer's mind.
That is an individual issue that should be handled one on one with that officer. LEO as we all know are not all perfect. I'm sure you have seen the same in your day job. Supervision and policy handle that situation.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some department policy's say to call off the pursuit if it endangers public safety, as the public is priority. Its a judgement call on the scene.

Should be common sense to call off pursuit of anyone but a known mass murderer once the pursued starts blowing red lights and 4-way stops at speed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should be common sense to call off pursuit of anyone but a known mass murderer once the pursued starts blowing red lights and 4-way stops at speed.
Were you on the scene, and do you know the situation in the OP's report? I don't either. We can speculate until the cows come home, but we were not there.
How would the police not know he might be a mass murderer? He could have just killed a dozen children, but in some's scenario we should give the cops the night off and catch him when he goes to school in the morning.
That's not the way it happens.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not speculating on how intersections work and how traffic accidents are caused and basic physics.

I'm sure the family of the suburban woman killed on a Sunday morning is glad they traded her life for stolen old truck worth less money than an expensive bicycle.But ya know, he could have just raped a nunnery and shot up an orphanage. Better safe than sorry.

Most pursuits are simply dick measuring contests cops don't want to lose.

As far as the old lady, Officer Lady McChubby just got skeered. Old bag should just be lucky she wasn't tazed to death.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stolen old trucks not being chased by cops kill people too, as well as lexus owners.
The point is that its a judgement decision on the scene to determine if the pursuit will continue.
We don't know what happened in this occasion, do you? Was there traffic or was there not traffic?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't know what happened in this occasion, do you? Was there traffic or was there not traffic?

Yes, there was traffic. A 64 year old former TPS language arts teacher on her way to church who suffered for a few hours and then died was the traffic. I have lived and worked in Tulsa county my entire life and generally there is enough traffic at all 4-way intersections, even in rural areas, that I would not feel comfortable blowing through them at speed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom