A/C coil leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what that means but if you doing the work fix the issues on today’s service call a little tape and insulation will go a long way

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He should have told them who he is first. “You ever heard of OSA? Well, I’m a big deal. My questions will be answered for days, maybe weeks. Don’t be tryna hustle.”
Just telling people I am the infamous RickN seems to work better. No one wants to wake up with this in their bed.

Team Biden.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok youall lost me. If i was in the city I could probably help. Did it for a while and learned quite a bit. Only reason I questioned is tech’s are encouraged to generate work which is not always fair to the customer!
Typical OSA thread. Starts off about one thing and then like an old man's memory starts to wonder all over the place. :rotflmao:

Short version, turned out not to be a leak but condensation in the plenum along with a few tears in the ducts. They wanted way to much so it is going to have to wait until next year. $700 just clean the plenum and install a UAV light. $1500 to clean the plenum and repair the ducts, $4000 to replace the plenum and repair the ducts.

Sadly my health and size (along with my wife and doctor) prevent me from getting in the attic to repair the ducts, which only seem to be torn on the outside.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typical OSA thread. Starts off about one thing and then like an old man's memory starts to wonder all over the place. :rotflmao:

Short version, turned out not to be a leak but condensation in the plenum along with a few tears in the ducts. They wanted way to much so it is going to have to wait until next year. $700 just clean the plenum and install a UAV light. $1500 to clean the plenum and repair the ducts, $4000 to replace the plenum and repair the ducts.

Sadly my health and size (along with my wife and doctor) prevent me from getting in the attic to repair the ducts, which only seem to be torn on the outside.
like someone said earlier turn the fan switch on your t-stat to on instead of auto that way the blower will stay on in the off cycle and help dry the plenum out

Latest posts

Top Bottom