Benchmade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m currently carrying a ZT, but I started carrying Benchmades in the early 90’s. I have 3 or 4 of the AFCK models, a 940 Osborne, and two fixed blades that I can’t remember the models.

They’re great knives but got “canceled” by a lot of their customer base a few years ago for doing something politically stupid (I can’t even remember what it was about now).

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I’m currently carrying a ZT, but I started carrying Benchmades in the early 90’s. I have 3 or 4 of the AFCK models, a 940 Osborne, and two fixed blades that I can’t remember the models.

They’re great knives but got “canceled” by a lot of their customer base a few years ago for doing something politically stupid (I can’t even remember what it was about now).
This, which is hokey but...
https://gearjunkie.com/news/benchmade-destroys-guns-oregon

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any Benchmade experience here? I bought one in Santa Fe a few weeks ago and seems like a great blade to me. Free sharpening service is pretty nice too as I hate to sharpen knives.

I am just curious if I bought junk or a good one. Thoughts?
I have the Griptilian, black blade with serrated. Use everyday at work for cutting and trimming. Great knife! Also have the Adamas FDE, black blade with serrated. Looks like an Army tactical type of knife. Thick blade and heavy. Use for occasional carry. Not a cheap knife.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have a lot of BM knives. Currently have one axis lock disassembled because they haven’t made it in 25 years, a balisong disassembled to work on the blade (old. 440c) and a blue edition Osborne with some special blade coating. If they have the knife in production they take care of you but if not then they offer some on a new knife but want to keep the old one, for me the memories and experience of my originals are worth more than a new knife.

To the deal why I, and others, don’t support BM is that they cut up a bunch of firearms for their local police dept. The city requires confiscated guns to be destroyed which is the norm for many municipalities, BM offered to cut them up, then BM made posts bragging about what they did. BM didn’t need to brag about cutting the firearms up but they did and they lost a lot of patrons. Voting with dollars showed BM that many didn’t agree with their actions.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the deal why I, and others, don’t support BM is that they cut up a bunch of firearms for their local police dept. The city requires confiscated guns to be destroyed which is the norm for many municipalities, BM offered to cut them up, then BM made posts bragging about what they did. BM didn’t need to brag about cutting the firearms up but they did and they lost a lot of patrons. Voting with dollars showed BM that many didn’t agree with their actions.
Thanks for posting this. I knew they stepped on their talleywacker but couldn’t remember the situation.

OKXD

Marksman
Reaction score
My family got me a new one for Father's Day!
20230618_202119.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom