A question for all Members of OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pointing out the truth is bashing?

Sort of what I thought.

I took it as, "look, there are people in that profession that do bad things too".

why now, with the thought of adding a gun, are all teachers living on the edge of craziness, ready to snap, unable to multitask, unable use rational thought, unable to be trained to protect, and protect their students(your children) and themselves?
What has kept these so called "crazy teachers" in check for all these years? Dedication and love for their students. Nowhere in any of these legistlative proposals or where it's legal in TX, has it been mentioned that are "ALL" teachers will be required to carry.

Nothing has changed with me. I think those people have the right to carry a firearm on their own time. I do not trust anyone to be supervising my child while carrying unless I completely trust them or know them. This might be all differences of location. I have lived in small towns where you know the teachers regardless if they are your kids teacher or not. Also, I have lived in 6A school districts where the only time you get to meet the teacher is open house 1 day a year.

Like I said before, some of you might be really great guys on OSA. Religious people, law abiding, patriotic, responsible, etc etc etc. But I don't know you and I don't feel comfortable with you having a gun around my kid when I'm not there.

Again, my position has not changed. I've always felt this way.

EDIT TO ADD: I don't want people thinking I dont like teachers. I have the utmost respect for them. I think they get chit on by irresponsible parents and are paid peanuts on top of that. I have good friends who are teachers, and I have spouses of good friends who are teachers. If my kid was in their class, I would be all for them carrying. But there is the difference. I know them, and I know them very well. My kids play with their kids.

Jesus. Have I turned into one of those paranoid people I use to make fun of on OSA?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sort of what I thought.

I took it as, "look, there are people in that profession that do bad things too".

Nothing has changed with me. I think those people have the right to carry a firearm on their own time. I do not trust anyone to be supervising my child while carrying unless I completely trust them or know them. This might be all differences of location. I have lived in small towns where you know the teachers regardless if they are your kids teacher or not. Also, I have lived in 6A school districts where the only time you get to meet the teacher is open house 1 day a year.

Like I said before, some of you might be really great guys on OSA. Religious people, law abiding, patriotic, responsible, etc etc etc. But I don't know you and I don't feel comfortable with you having a gun around my kid when I'm not there.

Again, my position has not changed. I've always felt this way.

EDIT TO ADD: I don't want people thinking I dont like teachers. I have the utmost respect for them. I think they get chit on by irresponsible parents and are paid peanuts on top of that. I have good friends who are teachers, and I have spouses of good friends who are teachers. If my kid was in their class, I would be all for them carrying. But there is the difference. I know them, and I know them very well. My kids play with their kids.

Jesus. Have I turned into one of those paranoid people I use to make fun of on OSA?

Understood and well spoken WhiteyMacD.............this is how a debate should go down on OSA, tactfully, with purpose and with the understanding that it's ok for people to debate a topic w/o an online throwdown. As far as the paranoid person, lol, no..............you gave valid reasons to back up what you believe in.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vacation? It was supposed to be self exile. Guess I missed you guys too much.

Awe.... we missed you too!

www.cornify.com_cornified_image_1355961217333.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom