A rebuild-before & after

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I had posted something about this in the past, but couldn't find it.

I was given this model 12 Winchester as it had some problems locking up and had been neglected in the past from previous owners(not the person that gave it to me)

It was built in 1928, and I call it my redneck gun. You'll understand why when you see the pics. The stock was broken internally, so that was the first thing to replace.

Honeybee did the rust blue job which was how it was done in 1928.

Here are the before pics.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00632.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00631.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00634.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010258.jpg

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Model 12 that I inheritated from My grandfather. It is my favorite shotgun. It has been well used, but well taken care of. I have shot a lot of dove, geese, and pheasants with it. I have a picture of my grandad and my mom when she was about 9 years old. She had shot a large goose and is sitting behind the bird and the gun across her lap. Needless to say, the gun has a lot of sentimental value to me too. Mine has the ploychoke on the end. I still have the receipt from Sears from when My graddad bought it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job on the stock and forearm, they look great and make that steel stand out perfectly.

Honeybee

Thank you for doing such a great job of polishing and blueing the gun.
Folks, I highly recomend honeybee for this service. He said that he would do the woodwork as well, but I wanted to try it myself. With his guidance, the stock turned out really well. I recieved many good comments at the trap range when it finally "came out of the closet":D
There are over 20 coats of Birchwood Casey on the stock and forearm. I thought I had it finished when honeybee looked at it, and told me to sand it all back down, and "this is how you do it". Thanks again! A great learning experience.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom