A recap of everyone's weekend hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was absolutely sick when it happened. I found closure about two weeks after, and folks on here were helpful with that. I did not look back on the event until I found the skull yesterday. I was joyful when I found it, but that gut wrenching feeling also returned. Had I been able to use my GSD, I am pretty confident that I would have found him the first or second day.
GSD ????

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

German Shepherd Dog. He's got a hell of a nose on him, and sharp brain behind it to boot! He gets distracted a little, but that is his parents fault for not spending more time developing his skill. But he has the instinct to track. When we ask/tell him..."find it" he knows what to do.

doggie.png

edit: I did not mean to convey that we never trained him. We actually did a lot of training when he was a pup. However, he was never certified or specialized.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ducks Friday/Saturday morning, deer Friday evening. I'd be sitting on a food pile Friday and Saturday...........Sunday morning I'd bet on duck movement over deer movement, 6* forecast here with -10* wind chill Sunday morning.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got s friend who has never hunted anything before and wants me to take him bow hunting using his xbow. I don't know if I wanna take him because I'm afraid those temps might ruin him from ever hunting again.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got s friend who has never hunted anything before and wants me to take him bow hunting using his xbow. I don't know if I wanna take him because I'm afraid those temps might ruin him from ever hunting again.

This happened to a family member of mine. Years ago his first trip was sitting in a tree in the sleet. He hasn't been since.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SnowCamo that's what I'm afraid of. I think if I take the pop up. Kind with the heater buddy he'd be just fine. I just haven't had luck with a blind for some reason.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Just about couldn't get my daughter to go duck hunting again after a 12*, 30mph NW wind duck hunt a couple of years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom