A recap of everyone's weekend hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I need to actually have a chance at killing something, so I'm duck hunting this weekend. This solid cold front should've pushed a ton of birds down.

Introducing a buddy to duck hunting. He thinks I'm doing him a favor...little does he know the money pit he'd about to encounter. Lol

isn't that the truth! enclosed trailers, thousand of dollars in decoys,setting up at 4AM. shells that cost a buck each,etc,etc. we havin' fun now!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
17 doe and fawns this evening, 1 8pt. Shot a doe with my longbow absolutely square in the shoulder...........she ran off about 75y and stopped with a bunch of other does. Then she proceeds to start blowing at me. She eventually ran off with the rest. With binoculars, I could see no exit, and a tiny spot perfectly centered on her shoulder, no blood. Gave her 30 minutes, got down, found arrow with about 10" missing and zero blood any where. None at the shot, none at the arrow, and none in the pasture where she was standing. She was head down eating, near side front leg far forward, I just shot too far to the right. Will look again tomorrow in the daylight.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
isn't that the truth! enclosed trailers, thousand of dollars in decoys,setting up at 4AM. shells that cost a buck each,etc,etc. we havin' fun now!
Ain't that the truth. My 20x30 shop is full of decoys and layout blinds. Plus the 4 shotguns, tons of calls, waders, etc... Not cheap but it sure is fun! Except when you set up all that crap and don't fire a single shot.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Trade that trailer and goose decoys for two Mojo ducks, they'll keep the geese away and you save yourself a bunch of time, money and WORK lol :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom