A recap of everyone's weekend hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No deer moving around here. I found this skull though, looks like from last year. If you remember, I shot a buck last year that I never found... Found this skull about 50-60 yards from where we stopped our grid. With so many hunters on this public property I can't be sure though. Still nice rack ;)
image.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been out since 7 this morning shooting a match. Got done at 2pm, and thought about going home for the bow to head out to the stand.
By the time I got home and warmed up, I just stayed here. Actually got into a hot shower and ran the water heater out of hot water to get my core temp back up. Dang i was cold.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No deer moving around here. I found this skull though, looks like from last year. If you remember, I shot a buck last year that I never found... Found this skull about 50-60 yards from where we stopped our grid. With so many hunters on this public property I can't be sure though. Still nice rack ;)
View attachment 63204
Wow dude. I'd have been absolutely sick. Great find though. Hope it gives you some closure.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been out since 7 this morning shooting a match. Got done at 2pm, and thought about going home for the bow to head out to the stand.
By the time I got home and warmed up, I just stayed here. Actually got into a hot shower and ran the water heater out of hot water to get my core temp back up. Dang i was cold.

That's 'cause you're too dang old for that stuff.:rollingla:rolleyes2:rotflmao:

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow dude. I'd have been absolutely sick. Great find though. Hope it gives you some closure.

I was absolutely sick when it happened. I found closure about two weeks after, and folks on here were helpful with that. I did not look back on the event until I found the skull yesterday. I was joyful when I found it, but that gut wrenching feeling also returned. Had I been able to use my GSD, I am pretty confident that I would have found him the first or second day.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was absolutely sick when it happened. I found closure about two weeks after, and folks on here were helpful with that. I did not look back on the event until I found the skull yesterday. I was joyful when I found it, but that gut wrenching feeling also returned. Had I been able to use my GSD, I am pretty confident that I would have found him the first or second day.
I bet so. Supposedly dogs are going to be legal for tracking next year. I don't see why they shouldn't be.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet so. Supposedly dogs are going to be legal for tracking next year. I don't see why they shouldn't be.

I live in one of the few counties in Texas where using a dog to track wounded deer is illegal, but it's perfectly legal to squirrel hunt with dogs and hog hunt with dogs. My Lab has never "tracked" a deer, but she has found several while we were "hog hunting".:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom