A thank you to Viet Nam vets and the United States by a former Viet Nam citizen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Powerful stuff. Thanks for posting.

“You see, America is not just a place on the map, it isn't just a physical location. It is an ideal, a concept. And if you are an American, you must understand the concept, you must accept this concept, and most importantly, you have to fight and defend this concept. This is about Freedom and not free stuff. And that is why I am standing up here."

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The ideal that states it best is not in the Constitution (a worthless, non-binding set of rules for the central government) but in the Declaration of Independence... "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights,..."

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ideal that states it best is not in the Constitution (a worthless, non-binding set of rules for the central government) but in the Declaration of Independence... "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights,..."
Are you seriously saying the Constitution is worthless? We don't need to worry about that "old" piece of paper? I know you like to start arguments for fun, but could you use a little discretion!

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you seriously saying the Constitution is worthless? We don't need to worry about that "old" piece of paper? I know you like to start arguments for fun, but could you use a little discretion!

It is worthless. At best, it is a guide that "supposedly" limits the power of the central government to a few enumerated powers. In this regard it has failed miserably and as such silly to bestow sacred status to it.

The speech by Mr. Nguyen was intended for flaghumpers. He would be better served studying the Declaration of Independence and it's ideals...

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Powerful stuff. Thanks for posting.

“You see, America is not just a place on the map, it isn't just a physical location. It is an ideal, a concept. And if you are an American, you must understand the concept, you must accept this concept, and most importantly, you have to fight and defend this concept. This is about Freedom and not free stuff. And that is why I am standing up here."

Thank you.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well, it's been a while since I read the Declaration of Independence. Kindly remind me in what section of that does it grant us rights to free speech, press, assembly, religion, and weapons rights. While the Declaration does much with the "rhetoric" of freedom and rights, it is the law within the constitution that has more strength than "rhetoric."

If there is any weakness to the Constitution, it is with those that wish to "construe" the Constitution to mean something else. Those that advocate judgements on issues based on foreign law instead of the Constitution, those that advocate for the Constitution to be a "living" document, and those that outright ignore parts of the constitution in demanding that judges limit the rights of others.

As for the American born in Vietnam that wrote and gave the speech, there should be all kinds of accolades given to that man.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it's been a while since I read the Declaration of Independence. Kindly remind me in what section of that does it grant us rights to free speech, press, assembly, religion, and weapons rights. While the Declaration does much with the "rhetoric" of freedom and rights, it is the law within the constitution that has more strength than "rhetoric."

If there is any weakness to the Constitution, it is with those that wish to "construe" the Constitution to mean something else. Those that advocate judgements on issues based on foreign law instead of the Constitution, those that advocate for the Constitution to be a "living" document, and those that outright ignore parts of the constitution in demanding that judges limit the rights of others.

As for the American born in Vietnam that wrote and gave the speech, there should be all kinds of accolades given to that man.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom