A thank you to Viet Nam vets and the United States by a former Viet Nam citizen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is worthless. At best, it is a guide that "supposedly" limits the power of the central government to a few enumerated powers. In this regard it has failed miserably and as such silly to bestow sacred status to it.

The speech by Mr. Nguyen was intended for flaghumpers. He would be better served studying the Declaration of Independence and it's ideals...

Flaghumpers? That word alone speaks volumes about you. A better man would feel sorry for you. I am not that man. I gladly do not know you, I would surely despise you more if I did.

You have taken a positive message and turned it negative for your own selfish purposes. You must be so proud of yourself...

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back into the thread.....
I said It was a great post and some have turned it into their personal rant against our founders.

I spent a year in that country, saw/did crap that a 20-21 year old should never see/do in their lifetime. No human should ever have to go through that. I'll keep it short.
I was picked up by a huey in the middle of a rice paddy for my trip home. You fought until your last day, no matter what that day was. Dead or alive.

I was always disturbed by the refugees getting out of these areas, with their whole lives on their backs. I tend to be one of those folks that care about other people.
We didn't get a whole lot of interface with them, as we were moving forward, and they were going the other way.
Soldiers were always giving up their rations to them and their children.They had nothing, we had only to miss a meal or two.
Much different from the way afgan troops are turning on our troops now.
Dutch, I'm sure you can do a little research and find out an instance or two where somebody disresptected the Vietnamese people, but overall, we did what we could do. We never lost a battle, and inflicted major casualities on the enemy.
Our Government politicians lost the war, not the military.
The Vietnamese people that I've had the pleasure of meeting afterward, that are now citizens of this great country, have nothing but good things to say overall. I'm sure you could dig around and find a couple that have had problems.

Dennis, Well said, and thank you.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flaghumpers? That word alone speaks volumes about you. A better man would feel sorry for you. I am not that man. I gladly do not know you, I would surely despise you more if I did.

You have taken a positive message and turned it negative for your own selfish purposes. You must be so proud of yourself...

Oh, make no mistake, he is. I won't say you get used to him but you will certainly learn to see the strategically placed Canadian flags in his avatar and skip right over the post.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dutch - what the hell is wrong with you?

i dont read these forums to see people getting away with bashing the constitution and ruining a good thread meant to spread the happiness of someone with good will and thanks in their heart.

take your irritating little mocking smiley faces and your holier than thou rhetoric and cram it up your ass.

someone ban this guy back to the stone age already he doesn't belong here.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh, make no mistake, he is. I won't say you get used to him but you will certainly learn to see the strategically placed Canadian flags in his avatar and skip right over the post.

I guess this means that the invite you made to myself and my wife for dinner some time with you and Scott isn't going to happen? :)

The flags have always adorned attractive women. It has/was my way of making fun of myself and my background whenever someone on the forum told me to go back to Canada. As I said, I care nothing for Canada, the US or any nation for that matter. Lines on maps are the contrivance of men in power to control the livestock. The only thing that matters has and always will be freedom, regardless of where people happen to be.

Oh well, it is what it is. Can't say I haven't been civil in my discussions. Never would go so far as to say I wouldn't ever want to meet any of you. But then again, I'm not here to make friends. Just discuss issues from a perspective most never have been or unwilling to venture into. :)

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
dutch - what the hell is wrong with you?

i dont read these forums to see people getting away with bashing the constitution and ruining a good thread meant to spread the happiness of someone with good will and thanks in their heart.

take your irritating little mocking smiley faces and your holier than thou rhetoric and cram it up your ass.

someone ban this guy back to the stone age already he doesn't belong here.

Ban me for what? I've always remained civil in my exchanges. I abide by the terms of the forum as I'm a guest.

If the moderators want to ban me, so be it. I have a life beyond the forum. Those with excessive post counts obviously don't. :)

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is a very big difference between the comparison of what is good, what is evil, and what you can get away with while staying within a given rule set.

if you define the first two by the third, you are wrong.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dutch, nobody is gonna ban you and nobody is gonna punch you in the nose. We're just trying to help you. Why not keep rolling south till you find utopia? Then write home if you get work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom