A threat from a coworker....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How unfortunate.

A threat from a coworker.... is a threatening coworker. Perhaps you should inform your employer in writing - especially if you give any credence to the individual's threat - which apparently you do.

Silence and appeasement will only serve to encourage the behavior.

My two cents on the guns for the Missus & home defense - shotgun first then a revolver.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first choice is the shotgun. Second is the revolver.

Oh and about the co-worker, get some paperwork started at work on him. You need documentation for the next time he threatins anyone.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait...wait....wait. Yes, make sure you and your wife are protected, get a home alarm, firearm for the home, etc. Are you sure you were being threatened? If so, please report it to the police and your employer.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should bring the lady by, and try the KelTec .380, or the p-11

My contact info is in my sig

IMO, Mossy 500 pistol grip, with a vertical foregrip would do the job on the home front.

All weapons mentioned though in this whole thread need to be taken to the range and trained with!

Also, threats at work need not be taken lightly, you need to report to HR.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My shotgun advice is a youth model 20 gauge if your wife is small - load it with field loads @ #6 or #4 or #5 if you can find them. I bought some R-P field load #5's @ Academy a couple of years ago.

And- absolutley be sure you have a paper trail with as many co-workers as possible on board. First to put pressure on employer and civil authorities to remedy the problem before it comes to the direst extreme, and second for CYA if it does go that direction.

Hope things are resolved in a good way for you. I am a very gentle person with some skills in conflict resolution and negotiation that are part of my professional routine. However - if threatened personally I am apt to go nuts and someone's gonna have their name in the paper!:50cal:

Cedar Creek

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, clearing your house at 7AM is uncomfortable by any means. It's not watching football, or going to the spa. 28" is better than 38, to each his own right?

Yeah it is, why choose a weapon to make it even more so? Yes to each his own, but if I feel like someone is giving bad advice about home protection I'm going to say something.

My shotgun advice is a youth model 20 gauge if your wife is small - load it with field loads @ #6 or #4 or #5 if you can find them. I bought some R-P field load #5's @ Academy a couple of years ago.

Please, don't load your HD shotgun with bird shot.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gtdist.com still has some glock 22's for right $335 shipped. Then with the Hd shotgun from academy, you are golden. I am against the small 9mm's with heavy recoil for the inexperienced home defense shooters. Full size glock...in the money, reliable, good caliber, option to practice with a 9mm barrel.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah - my advice on a semi-auto pistola is a Ruger P89 in 9mm. You can probably get an as-new one for $300 or less - they have a 15 round magazine and a de-cocker so you can chamber-load it for your wife and put it on safe so all she has to do is take it off safety and rock & roll.

:hyper:

I keep a loaded P89 in my house; it is a hand-me-down from my son. The P89 has a reputation for being dead reliable, but not real accurate. My theory is who cares about pinpoint accuracy when you're shooting across the living room and have 15 shots?
:wave:

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom