A threat from a coworker....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would get a handgun over shotgun since your on budget.She can carry a large 4" revolver or automatic and take it with her while exiting to the car from the house..A shotgun is going to be limited to staying indoors or in the trunk if away from the house.

JG sales has trade 4" S&W model 15, and 64 revolvers in .38 for $230..Its DAO, I have 2 of them I use for secondary defense guns to keep in case my Main go to gun is unavailable or I am in the wrong room when bad stuff happens.

BTw,contact police to start a paper-trail, since its serious enough to make you go out and spend money on a gun..

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Get a 4" .357 magnum or a medium to large frame double stack 9mm.

With the 4" revo, you can start with milder .38s, then as she gets more used to the gun and shooting, you can move up to .38 +P, and then .357 Magnum. Or with the 9mm, the recoil is pretty light, lot or rounds, and typically easy to shoot well.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a 4" .357 magnum or a medium to large frame double stack 9mm.

With the 4" revo, you can start with milder .38s, then as she gets more used to the gun and shooting, you can move up to .38 +P, and then .357 Magnum. Or with the 9mm, the recoil is pretty light, lot or rounds, and typically easy to shoot well.

This :yelclap:

I love my Glock 19. Low recoil and easy to conceal. I also have a S&W 686 w/ 4" barrel. It makes a great bedside weapon with reduced recoil .357 rounds. I find the rounded L frame easier to grip than the square K frame.

I've shot my husband's Rem 870. The recoil was punishing, mostly because I couldn't get a good position against my shoulder. Unless you have an adjustable stock, go with the youth 20 ga. The shorter stock will fit her better and the lower recoil will keep her from flinching.

Loads of good advice here. Good luck to all of you and I pray that your ballistic co-worker gets the help needed to defuse this situation. I will keep you all in my prayers.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, a little update for those who might be wondering.

The employee has been placed on suspension pending a psychiatric evaluation and potential rehabilitation. It has been passed up to the highest levels of our organization.

As for a weapon, a shotgun at this point probably isn't in the works. She's not worried she can't handle the recoil, and neither am I, but she is concerned about maneuverability in tight situations. She is much more comfortable with a handgun, preferably one with a thumb safety. I know the arguments for and against, but this is what makes her comfortable with a 5-year-old in the house.

If I found a phenomenal deal on both weapons, I would still be willing to pick up a shotgun, as I have been wanting one for some time for HD purposes anyways.

The threat may be somewhat more constrained due to circumstances today, but I would really like to go to Tulsa tomorrow afternoon and pick up a gun. About to go peruse what's happened in the Classifieds today...

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has she shot a gun before? This will be her gun and she needs to able to shoot it and not be scared of the noise or recoil. Going to practice much? She had better, a trip to the range or an informal on a dirt road ain't goin to cut it. The model 10 been stopping bad guys for awhile, easy to shoot, easy to learn, safe. JG sales has a great price, have 2 in my home as well.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, she has never shot a gun of any kind. And yes, we do plan on taking her out to shoot and become familiar with whatever we buy. She just doesn't want a big long shotgun to have to wield in the home.

Anyways,... I've been sick since last night, laying in bed when I wasn't hugging the toilet, so I'm behind the 8 ball a bit... Still looking. Saw a nice Taurus PT140 in the Classies, but can't get over to Edmond to pick it up. :(

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gtdist.com still has leo trade in glock 22's both in 2nd and 3rd generation at $289 and $309, shipping is $25. Cold hand arms, does $0 cost transfers. I was pleased with the gun I ordered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom