A threat from a coworker....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
gtdist.com still has leo trade in glock 22's both in 2nd and 3rd generation at $289 and $309, shipping is $25. Cold hand arms, does $0 cost transfers. I was pleased with the gun I ordered.

I appreciate that, and I would love to get one, but the wife is uncomfortable without an external safety.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate that, and I would love to get one, but the wife is uncomfortable without an external safety.

External safety....

awww.everydaynodaysoff.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_11_finger_bangswitch.jpg

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
gtdist.com still has leo trade in glock 22's both in 2nd and 3rd generation at $289 and $309, shipping is $25. Cold hand arms, does $0 cost transfers. I was pleased with the gun I ordered.

Suggesting a glock 40 for a new shooter is just cruel unless the intention is that she never touches another handgun in her life. They have too much recoil and muzzle flip for a new shooter.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The external safety is not because of the wife not being able to handle a firearm properly, it's another safeguard for the 5 year-old in the house.

I had a whole diatribe typed out about people and their superior attitude toward new shooters/gun owners, but I just deleted it. It's really not worth the hassle.

I bought a pistol and a shotgun today.

Taurus PT140 .40 w/stainless slide (I carry a PT145, so it's familiar, yet a little smaller, for her)
Winchester 1400 semi-automatic 12g

Both for $500

Another $66 for:
50 rnds of WWB 180gr .40FMJ
20 rnds of Winchester Supreme Elite PDX1 Personal Defense 165gr .40 bonded JHP
30 rounds (2 boxes) of Winchester 2.75" 00 buck

Spent a little time showing her safe handling, familiarizing her with her new gun and the functions. Now we need to get to a range sometime soon so she can practice. :( Unfortunately, my work schedule doesn't usually allow for much of that. It's been months and months since I even shot my own gun. :(

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip... I am puzzled though, as I can only fit 2 shells in the mag tube, for a total of 2+1. WTH? Looks like it should be 4+1 or 5+1..... but it's definitely full, and there's nothing jammed in there, I can see the piece protruding from the mag tube (sorry don't know what it's called) when it's empty, that the shell butts up to.

Ideas?

Oh, and where's a good place to look for accessories? You know, shorter home-defense barrels, pistol or tactical stock, etc.?

Latest posts

Top Bottom