About Price Gouging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If magpul is going to restock retailers why not make some money off of the guys that didn't buy when they were $10-12 a piece? Sell now and restock when orders start coming in from magpul. I don't see it as gouging you can live without pmags. Fyi I have not done this....yet.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If magpul is going to restock retailers why not make some money off of the guys that didn't buy when they were $10-12 a piece? Sell now and restock when orders start coming in from magpul. I don't see it as gouging you can live without pmags.

We did our best to stock up OSA with cheap pmags....I wish we had those 300 pmags that we sold for $10 back.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
imagine if feinstein's bill passed... all these folks who went and paid hundreds apiece for stripped poly lowers will have another 200 to spend per, and wouldn't be able to resell them. poetic justice or something...

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If magpul is going to restock retailers why not make some money off of the guys that didn't buy when they were $10-12 a piece? Sell now and restock when orders start coming in from magpul. I don't see it as gouging you can live without pmags. Fyi I have not done this....yet.
That's what I did. After looking at all the prices on armslist for days, I sold all my Pmags last Sunday. I sold mine for quite a bit less than everyone else was asking and they went crazy fast, so fast I wish I would have raised my price $5 each. Then I used the money to buy my 6 year old some Christmas presents. Legos are expensive. I haven't sold any of my AR-15s yet, but I am sooooooo considering it. In fact, I'd probably be walking around the gun show tomorrow with a couple on my back if it weren't a Metcalf show.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one is price gouging. Price gouging is when there is a monopoly (or a group of sellers working together to effectively create a monopoly) raises the price of a necessity just because it can. What we are dealing with here is the free market. And it isn't the fault of the sellers, they have every right and in some cases an obligation to make as much money as possible. If a store raises their prices and people are still buying, then there is no gouging. If they raise their prices and people stop buying, then there is still no gouging because no one is being gouged. If anyone is to blame it is the gun grabbers who are trying to take away everyone's rights, and those hoarding ammunition even though the prices are rising and even though in most cases they don't even need it at the time.

And if you still think the sellers are gouging let me ask you this. If you buy some gold coins and a month later the price of gold spikes and you decide to sell those coins, do you sell them for what you paid for them, or do you sell them at their current price and make a profit? And if you do sell them at the higher price, does that make you a price gouger?

OlfarmBoy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When demand is met things will level out for the most part. I'm still going to buy other things that may or may not be banned in the future. I know I'll remember which stores and whom did what. I'll keep all my future business with the ones that aren't gouging or taking advantage of ppl....Every business is there to make money, their not a charity..the businesses that are not gouging IMHO are looking for customers for the long haul. As a business owner I know its easier to keep a customer than it is to get another one. The good shops know they can still make a profit and treat their customer right they will be repeat customers in the future. Word of mouth beats any form of advertising.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one is price gouging. Price gouging is when there is a monopoly (or a group of sellers working together to effectively create a monopoly) raises the price of a necessity just because it can. What we are dealing with here is the free market. And it isn't the fault of the sellers, they have every right and in some cases an obligation to make as much money as possible. If a store raises their prices and people are still buying, then there is no gouging. If they raise their prices and people stop buying, then there is still no gouging because no one is being gouged. If anyone is to blame it is the gun grabbers who are trying to take away everyone's rights, and those hoarding ammunition even though the prices are rising and even though in most cases they don't even need it at the time.

And if you still think the sellers are gouging let me ask you this. If you buy some gold coins and a month later the price of gold spikes and you decide to sell those coins, do you sell them for what you paid for them, or do you sell them at their current price and make a profit? And if you do sell them at the higher price, does that make you a price gouger?

This!! X's 10. I bought silver at $6 a oz. Did I feel bad when I sold at around $40 an oz. Nope. I'm not going to sale here but I might list a few of them on fleabay.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When demand is met things will level out for the most part. I'm still going to buy other things that may or may not be banned in the future. I know I'll remember which stores and whom did what. I'll keep all my future business with the ones that aren't gouging or taking advantage of ppl....Every business is there to make money, their not a charity..the businesses that are not gouging IMHO are looking for customers for the long haul. As a business owner I know its easier to keep a customer than it is to get another one. The good shops know they can still make a profit and treat their customer right they will be repeat customers in the future. Word of mouth beats any form of advertising.
If a ban does happen there will be no long haul for most small gun shops that specialize in black rifles.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that's the million dollar question....we don't know exactly what or if anything is going to be banned at this point.

I went ahead and bought an 870 tac stock kit, 10/22 goodies, MP22 mags, and various other junk before this madness impacts those areas of the market. Just like I stocked up on all the AR junk after Aurora... We've all got a little prepped in us

Latest posts

Top Bottom