About Price Gouging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you'll pay some goober on a forum or Armslist $30+ for a pmag why is it so wrong when a retailer charges the same? They're just cutting out the middle man.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would anybody want to do that anyway? This whole crap is going to fold, and they will be sitting there thinking they are real sore when they sit down.

Exactly. Magpul is running black 30 round windowless pmags 24/7 and every retailer in the country has several hundred on order. Pmags will hit the market hard and fast soon.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's because people are cheap as hell when it affects them personally. People love a great deal, and get upset (like now) because they were too stubborn to go forth and buy what they need/want... They figured "these things will pass", I'll pick some up next check, a week or two and things will be back to normal, ect... But as the private/armslist gouging goes on, it's proof positive things are growing more dire and in demand. You sell a product, sell it for fair market value, not msrp... Not to rip off a customer, but because it's fair to the market.

BigD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put my order in for 10 from brownells. Sure they are on back order but after shipping, I'm getting them for $13.80 a piece. Realistically I probably have enough mags, but what's a few more to add to the stash.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's because people are cheap as hell when it affects them personally. People love a great deal, and get upset (like now) because they were too stubborn to go forth and buy what they need/want... They figured "these things will pass", I'll pick some up next check, a week or two and things will be back to normal, ect... But as the private/armslist gouging goes on, it's proof positive things are growing more dire and in demand. You sell a product, sell it for fair market value, not msrp... Not to rip off a customer, but because it's fair to the market.

I already have what I want and only desire to replace consumables. It will be years before I run out of consumables.
I get really pissed when somebody cleans out an ammo shelf, and they don't even own that caliber. I don't need it, but by God some other person that wants to take their kids out to shoot for the weekend should have the same opportunity to buy some ammo. Don't you think?
Yep, I'll agree they have that right to do that in the name of capitalism, but there are shooters out there that may not have 10,000 rounds stocked up because they can't afford it.
The hoarders are screwing the shooting community and that is what pisses me off.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I already have what I want and only desire to replace consumables. It will be years before I run out of consumables.
I get really pissed when somebody cleans out an ammo shelf, and they don't even own that caliber. I don't need it, but by God some other person that wants to take their kids out to shoot for the weekend should have the same opportunity to buy some ammo. Don't you think?
Yep, I'll agree they have that right to do that in the name of capitalism, but there are shooters out there that may not have 10,000 rounds stocked up because they can't afford it.
The hoarders are screwing the shooting community and that is what pisses me off.

A-friggin-men to that!!

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it to a certain level. It may be months before the retailers have any more in stock to sell. There are some bills like building rent, electric, etc. that have to be paid every month whether there is stock on the shelves bringing customers in the store or not. There has to be a balance between customer relations and being able to sustain the business. If you business is only selling Pmags and lowers, you may have to sell at the market maximum to survive. But a place like H&H shouldn't raise their prices a penny IMO (not saying they did or didn't, just using them as an example). A place like H&H could raise prices, but if they don't have to, I think a far better return would be to hold prices steady since they have other products and services to sustain their business.

Dwaggonner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think is because those types of people, who price gouge or those who actually pay those inflated prices, actually like knee jerk reactions, plus it gives them something to talk about.
And yes, its capitalism, but some are down right price gouging. Remember when some gas stations tripled the gasoline prices ON 9/11? They were playing, uh i mean cashing in, on peoples emotions.
Of course i dont think BigD did bad at all, thats a fair price. And cudos to Brownells for not cornholing the prices like alot of other stores are right now.
I think after all the hub bub dies down in a few weeks we will see some good deals from some folks that have hoarded recently when their wives and girl friends say "hey, wheres that money we had stashed!!?!" LOL

Ok, I'll step down of my soap box now..... :o)

Latest posts

Top Bottom