about suppressing the 45-70

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman755

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interested in doing it just wonderingif anyone else has done it yet. I'm thinking 16 inch barrel handi rifle to start with I have an 1895 that I could possibly thread but I'm not sure how sacrilegious I feel about that yetif anybody's done it or researched it I'll let me know so far I only find one company who makes a legitimately adaptable can that's rated for 45 70 made by a WC. Any ideas?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might ask a mod to move it to the NFA thread. Couple a dealers are members here and are pretty knowledgable. Keep us updated I am interested in how this turns out.

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just some google-fu, I have no experience with this.

http://www.gatewaytactical.com/silencers/bowers.htm

BOWERS Group VERS 50
The Vers 50 is a .50 caliber high-efficiency suppressor. The Vers 50 is designed for use with calibers .510 and smaller up to 2200 fps velocity. It is also suitable for any other slower rounds that will fit through the bore. (full Power .50 Beowulf, .50 Alaskan, .450 Bushmaster, .458 Socom, .50 AE, 45/70 and .510 Beowulf).

The Vers 50 comes with the AIMS™ mount and accepts the Versadapt™ series of thread adapting inserts. One standard insert is included with your purchase. The Vers 50 is 11.25 inches long, nominally 1 ¾ inches in diameter, weighs 20 oz. (depending upon the insert) and comes in a matte black finish.
bowersVERS50.jpg

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call Uberti Firearms. Order one of their magnificent Sharps replicas. Get a custom integrally suppressed barrel built for it. At least two and a half feet long.

Proceed to make me the most jealous guy you'll ever know.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen mixed reviews on suppressing the .458 SOCOM. I know my Sharps fun loads are 405gr cast over 36gr of IMR3031......at a blistering 1150fps, lol. Interested to see how it works out for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom