Modifying braced pistols.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have about six of these things. Like everyone else that owns one, I’m weighing my options on what to do with them. I think the easiest way (not something I relish doing) is to have a machinist make me a flash suppressor to permanently attach to the barrel to make it 16 inches long. Any thoughts on this idea? Anyone know of someone who could make these for me?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have about six of these things. Like everyone else that owns one, I’m weighing my options on what to do with them. I think the easiest way (not something I relish doing) is to have a machinist make me a flash suppressor to permanently attach to the barrel to make it 16 inches long. Any thoughts on this idea? Anyone know of someone who could make these for me?

There are several vendors who offer a faux suppressor that might work for this so you wouldn't need to have it made.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There are several vendors who offer a faux suppressor that might work for this so you wouldn't need to have it made.
I've been thinking about doing something like this until I get a suppressor and have it pinned and welded to make the 16" barrel length.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to go the suppressor route except for the time frame involved. There is no way the form 4’s would be approved by the deadline. I really believe this rule is being pushed by the current administration, not the ATF. This would be an easy way to disarm a large portion of the 2A community. Charge you with a felony, confiscate all your firearms.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's one . . . it's more than what I paid for one several months ago.

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/spikes-tactical-ar-15-12x28-fake-can-car1.html
If you can find one long enough this might also be an option for folks:

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/midwest-industries-blast-can-for-ar15-556-223.html
I would need one that added 8" to the barrel and could be easily attached. Also in 30 caliber. I just started thinking about this option so I haven't researched it yet.

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom