Above the law?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should any gov. officials or employees have immunity from prosecution?

• Yes

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 91.0%

• Total voters

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you REALLY need to make a poll for this?

It's like maknig a poll that says: Do you like guns? Yes/No.

Yeah. He did.

3 people have voted Yes some should be exempt from the law.

It would be very interesting to hear from them why they think that should be and who should be exempt.

Come on guys! If you voted yes man up and tell us why and who.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My earlier posts weren't how I believe it ought to be, its my take on how it is.

There have been many a time where I wish I could walk up to an officer and ask him what he's doing. Like for example when I see them cut through a gas station on a corner to avoid a light, or speeding in general if you want to be picky but I cant really throw that stone. I'm a 5-10 over kinda guy.

Yeah, me neither ... been known to cut a parking lot or two in my time also ... amongst other, probably more serious, things ...

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all the people here who think that legislators are NOT above the law:

Under the Oklahoma Constitution, members of both houses enjoy the privilege of being free from arrest in all cases, except for treason, felony, and breach of the peace. This immunity applies to members "during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same." The term "arrest" has been interpreted broadly, and includes any detention or delay in the course of law enforcement, including court summons and subpoenas.

So, I guess I will vote yes on this poll. :tounge2:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all the people here who think that legislators are NOT above the law:

Under the Oklahoma Constitution, members of both houses enjoy the privilege of being free from arrest in all cases, except for treason, felony, and breach of the peace. This immunity applies to members "during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same." The term "arrest" has been interpreted broadly, and includes any detention or delay in the course of law enforcement, including court summons and subpoenas.

So, I guess I will vote yes on this poll. :tounge2:

This is probably true, but oh so wrong!

I say, hang them high. All men and women should have to follow the law, all the time, no matter what.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What tools? If they are responding to a problem that is important enough to speed 20 or more MPH then it is important enough to run with at least their lights. I can understand turning the off when approaching the actual address. A vehicle speeding a lot faster than traffic is moving can cause a lot of problems.

Your're a left lane camper, ain't ya'?
:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom