Academy and AR's, mags, and ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to some jackass, we are no longer allowed to wait inside the foyer of Academy in Norman when it is butt cold outside. Some loser decided to grab one of the girls making her way through the crowd to get to the door on Thursday. To top it off, it was a day with NO TRUCK, so there was no point in even being there. However, it's probably just as well with all the late arrivals that take off cutting around people who were there for hours. The funny thing is yesterday morning, I saw some dude from GUN WORLD there. Not sure what all he was buying, but he had a shirt with the Gun World logo on it.

That sucks for those people who were being decent. I only waited for hours one day to get a gun. I won't do that for ammo. My Black Friday style camp out days are over!

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just food for thought since most the ammo talk is in here, this past Saturday night I was at the Walmart in Owasso & they were stocking a entire cart of ammo. Said it was the largest shipment they had received in 5 months. I asked the guy if they were supposed to get more & he said the head office sent a letter saying its back to business as usual on ammo sales. So I'd say lets watch Walmart closely. I picked up 1600rds of 9mm & didn't even put a dent in their supply. There was plenty & everyone in line got what they wanted as long as it wasn't 223/5.56 or the 7.62

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the Owasso WM yesterday afternoon. It was all gone. They had a little .243 and that was about it.

Dang, I figured it might go quick, didn't think it would go that quick. they had the entire shelf full of 9mm ammo when I was there. Winchester & Federal 100cnt boxes. And 2 of the 250rd boxes were left too. From the way the guy was talkin they should be getting more in like normal, we shall see what happens. Guess I just got lucky. There was a line already formed as they were stocking but by the time I was all checked out the line was gone.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to some jackass, we are no longer allowed to wait inside the foyer of Academy in Norman when it is butt cold outside. Some loser decided to grab one of the girls making her way through the crowd to get to the door on Thursday. To top it off, it was a day with NO TRUCK, so there was no point in even being there. However, it's probably just as well with all the late arrivals that take off cutting around people who were there for hours. The funny thing is yesterday morning, I saw some dude from GUN WORLD there. Not sure what all he was buying, but he had a shirt with the Gun World logo on it.

Well it sounds like this so called "loser" is the only one that didn't leave empty handed that morning.:rotflmao:
I know I'm terrible. I'll put my sick humor away now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom