Academy to pull modern sporting rifles off display

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the big deal?

If you've been shopping at Academy up until this point and are now considering taking your money elsewhere, then you must've forgotten that they did the same thing in 2013 after Newtown. And the rifles returned to the display later on. You could still go buy whatever you wanted...when you wanted - as long as you got there before the gun show flippers did.

Dicks made the decision to stop selling ARs entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Academy today and bought some ammo. I browsed around the part of the store where they have guns and scopes and boolets and such and yeah, no "assault rifles" on display. Man, what a relief, I felt so much safer.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, why? Have they been fallin' on you? :D

Naw man, I was just afraid somebody would buy of those evil things and just start blazing away right there in the store you know? I am damn skeered of getting shot all to shizz in a gun store or at a range cause all them dang gun nuts running around with loaded "assault rifles" like the military guys use. I mean, what else would you buy one of those things for? Fun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll do know they still sell all the AR's and stuff, they just don't have it on display. You have to ask for it and they will go get it for you; if that makes a difference to you. I'm not an advocate for Academy, just letting you know

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll do know they still sell all the AR's and stuff, they just don't have it on display. You have to ask for it and they will go get it for you; if that makes a difference to you. I'm not an advocate for Academy, just letting you know

Yeah, pulling them down off display but still selling them? Watch their AR sales plummet. The mfg distributors should just contact Academy and ask them to RMA the rifles and they could distribute them to stores that will sell them proudly. Hippies, they are everywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom