accidental discharge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No such thing as an accidental disharge. I think what you might have meant is "Negligent Discharge".

I once closed the bolt on a deer rifle after entering the hunting area only to have it discharge. Found out later the trigger had broken and had to replace it..adluginb, I'm wondering something! How was I Negligent?

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow you missed the point completely, did you really think i was trying to compare the amount of damage done???

WOW, Maybe I did miss your point, care to explain it to me. I am a firm believer in that when a firearm is discharged in such a way as to cause unintentional damage or harm it is negligent. Viking posted that he had a rifle discharge when he closed the bolt on his rifle. If he was following the 4 rules then it could be considered an accident or malfunction, if it had shot a hole in a tree next to one of his hunting buddies, then negligence even with the malfunction.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW, Maybe I did miss your point, care to explain it to me. I am a firm believer in that when a firearm is discharged in such a way as to cause unintentional damage or harm it is negligent. Viking posted that he had a rifle discharge when he closed the bolt on his rifle. If he was following the 4 rules then it could be considered an accident or malfunction, if it had shot a hole in a tree next to one of his hunting buddies, then negligence even with the malfunction.

Correcto!

Closing a bolt like he stated above could be accidental not negligent, but could be charged with negligent homicide if it killed someone. When someone "accidentally" pulls the trigger of any firearm it is Negligent, period.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

if you go back and read my post, my point is this... for the most part if you want to really break it down, nothing is an accident, no one goes around correcting people when they get into car accidents (even though it is negligence driving), or when they walk into something no one condescendingly says you were negligence walking... when you mistype something and say i typed that by accident, no one comes on and says well you typed it and they keyboard doesn't type things without you hitting a key, so technically it is negligent.... to me it is just like someone saying "man that guy is cool" and someone coming on and saying, technically he is a warm blooded animal incapable of being cool unless he is dead, so that statement is incorrect....

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it is a figure of speech, everytime someone talks about a car accident do you correct them and say "No, it is Negligent Driving" or when someone bumps their knee on the corner of the couch do you say "Negligent walking"??

If you think the uncontrollable urge to correct you for saying "accidental" instead of "negligent" is bad, just try saying "clip" instead of "magazine" sometime! You will have 10 corrections before you can conclude your OP!! :-)

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you think the uncontrollable urge to correct you for saying "accidental" instead of "negligent" is bad, just try saying "clip" instead of "magazine" sometime! You will have 10 corrections before you can conclude your OP!! :-)

Unless you're talking about a M1 Garand :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom