Action Alert: HJR1026

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://ok2anews.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/action-alert-calls-needed-for-hjr1026/

OK2A’s proposed amendment to the Oklahoma Constitution.
Please call Speaker Hickman and politely encourage him to allow HJR1026 to be heard.

For more information on HJR1026, you can download our short issue brief or our background paper for a more in depth explanation.

You can reach Speaker Hickman’s office at 405-557-7339 or [email protected]. If you send an email, please type “Yes on HJR1026″ in the subject line.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Done. Gonna send it to my local legislators, too.

tRidiot said:
Dear Speaker Hickman,

I have reviewed the proposed change to the Oklahoma Constitution outlined in the brief by the Oklahoma Second Amendment Association and find it to be a vast improvement over current wording. This is especially true in light of case law precedent based upon it which may allow for severe restrictions in the future, should Oklahoma someday end up in a situation such as we are already seeing today in California, Colorado, New York and Connecticut. To say, "That could never happen here," is a fallacy and is dangerously close to burying one's head in the sand. I cannot express how deeply disturbed I am by the trend toward disarmament of law-abiding, responsible citizens in some areas of our country! Let us ensure that will NEVER happen in Oklahoma!

I encourage you most strongly to please allow this legislation to come to the floor for debate and vote. There is no harm in honest debate on a pertinent topic, and I hope this eventually comes before the People of Oklahoma on a statewide vote to change our Constitution.

Let Oklahoma stand forth amongst the States as a leader in protection of the United States' 2nd Amendment, of the natural rights of our Citizens! Let Oklahoma lead the way when other States are limited, restricting and revoking the natural rights of their own Citizens.

Thank you for your time. I sincerely appreciate your consideration. Please feel free to contact me at any time should you wish to discuss this or any other matter. I commend you for your service to this great State and I hope we can continue to make it a better, safer, and freer place to live for my children and yours. My contact information is listed below.

Sincerely,

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly support this resolution, but I would not count on Speaker Hickman. IN fact, it might be a good idea to put pressure on your Reps to un-elect him as Speaker in May.

Latest posts

Top Bottom