Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my first 22 at the age of 12 at Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company (OTASCO)
I too bought my first gun at OTASCO at age 16. Arminius HW7s, .22lr. Still have it. Shot it till the barrel pin fell out, so used bailing wire to hold it in place. What model was yours?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Orange Julius moved out when the Heritage Mall in Midwest City closed down. Sears hung on for several years but eventually closed their doors when the city took over the property. Grandy's closed and left as did Golden Corral, Wendy's, Checkerboard Cafe, Hawaiian Restaurant, Cheesecake Factory, The Party Store, Payless Shoes, and Discount Tires, to name a few.

Midwest City is quickly becoming a mecca for discount/thrift/second-hand/demographically focused businesses 🙁

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original Underwood's is still in operation, Brownwood, Texas. The only location left open.

We stopped therein '19. Sunday @ 11 am, traffic sitting in road, trying to get into the parking lot. We decided not to eat there. The smell was amazing, as I remembered.
It was still open the last time I was there, which was in December of 2018 or January of 2019 (it didn’t seem like that long ago until I wrote it down…). It was very good, too.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too bought my first gun at OTASCO at age 16. Arminius HW7s, .22lr. Still have it. Shot it till the barrel pin fell out, so used bailing wire to hold it in place. What model was yours?
it was a Stevens Savage Model 87A semi-auto it was a gawd awful yellow color but I loved those cool 'gill slits' on the left side. It took a trip to Davis Gun Museum in Claremore for me to find a duplicate and take a photo. Traded a few years later for Glenfield model 75 that I still have......some 54 years later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom