Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's because Safeway didn't go away, they just changed their name to Homeland back in the late '80s or early '90s.

We had a grocery store called Grider's. It was in the same building as Target (it's now a Hobby Lobby), and you could go from Target into Grider's without going outside. Their grocery carts never left the store--they had numbered carts, and when you checked out, you got a ticket for each cart you had. You'd go get your car and pull up to the front of the store, then give the attendant your ticket(s), and they'd bring your cart(s) out so you could unload the groceries into your car.

The system worked fine, usually. One of the ladies from church was loading her groceries into her trunk when the next lady in line pulled up behind her, but not quite far enough behind, and mashed her knees between that cars' bumpers...
fun fact I worked as a bodyguard for Maxine Grider for awhile .That was one rich woman

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Cajun's Wharf. Onion Barrel. The all you can eat steakhouse that was around SE 34th and I-35. The go cart track at MacArthur Park.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fairway Auto Mall
Guy Henshaw's
Whitlock's
I worked at both Whitlock's and Fairway, Guy Henshall was still open then, had buddies that worked there.

Later on I worked for a parts house who's owner was related to the Knotty Pine folks. They catered our Christmas parties.

Anyone remember Le Pecardie French restaurant? Dude was from Vietnam, had the best French onion soup and French rolls ever to be found.

Latest posts

Top Bottom