Agressive Hogs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the few posts on this subject that makes sense:igetit:

My experience too but I am telling you that the guy that this happened to is no fool. He taught the Stillwater Wild Bunch Tai Kwan Do team for years and is a blackbelt with some stripes on it and he did 2 tours in the Marine Corp in Vietnam and was at the seige at KheSahn. I have know him for almost 30 years and he is a hunting fool for deer, turkey, etc and very successful at it. He has never seen anything like this either. Who knows why but I guarantee this one is legit.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience too but I am telling you that the guy that this happened to is no fool. He taught the Stillwater Wild Bunch Tai Kwan Do team for years and is a blackbelt with some stripes on it and he did 2 tours in the Marine Corp in Vietnam and was at the seige at KheSahn. I have know him for almost 30 years and he is a hunting fool for deer, turkey, etc and very successful at it. He has never seen anything like this either. Who knows why but I guarantee this one is legit.

My post intended no disrespect to either you or the guy that had the experience. Its just never happed to me.

I wonder if he was around a place where they drag dead livestock too? Also, are the hogs shot regularly on this place or left alone. The lack of fear is what puzzles me here. Anyway, thats why I'm always open for surprises :)

I woull like to see a picture of one of those "black panthers" though. I heard about them when I lived in Texas too but those critters are elusive when it comes to getting a lens on one.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My post intended no disrespect to either you or the guy that had the experience. Its just never happed to me.

I wonder if he was around a place where they drag dead livestock too? Also, are the hogs shot regularly on this place or left alone. The lack of fear is what puzzles me here. Anyway, thats why I'm always open for surprises :)

I woull like to see a picture of one of those "black panthers" though. I heard about them when I lived in Texas too but those critters are elusive when it comes to getting a lens on one.

No problem..if anyone tells me they saw a black panther, I just tell them, "No you didn't." You never see one killed among all the lions that get run and shot with hounds. I just don't believe they exist here. I knew a guy that claimed he saw one and my warden buddy got it in a trap and had the guy with him as they drove up to it and he was screaming, "You got the panther!" It was a black lab. I don't know about the dead livestock thing but the big red hog ramming his head into the door just seconds after he got it closed is kind of scary. I am like you, never seen it. I have gone into thick brush after hogs and had them all run like crazy. I can often hear them when hunting but have never had one be the least bit aggressive with me. They seem to be smarter than deer in my book and will spook at the first sign of a person. Hopefully this is just a fluke deal. I even wondered if these had recently gotten out of someone's pen and had been around people before? I have been around lots of BSers and am a pretty good one myself but this guy just doesn't tell stories like this.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a call from my game warden buddy and one of our friends took his granddaughter hunting this morning. She shot a doe up north of Glencoe and they field dressed it and drug it to the truck . They had just loaded it up and heard a noise behind them and there was a herd of 35 hogs following the blood trail. They jumped in the back of the truck and he said the hogs just swarmed arond it. The friend is a retired OK state meat inspector and knows livestock well. He said there were 2 boars in the bunch over 500 lbs and that one was a big red one that was extremely agressive and dented his truck in several places hitting it trying to get at the doe. I am going to try to go see his truck tomorrow to confirm but that sounds like the most agressive hogs I have ever heard of. I have never seen one try to attack that way. I am in the stand now on a place that has hogs and I am going to carry a heavier caliber pistol from now on when I hunt. WOW!

They jumped int he back of the truck? Close the tailgate and you have them in a barrel...

badaugherty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem..if anyone tells me they saw a black panther, I just tell them, "No you didn't."

When someone tells me they saw a 500lb pig I say the same thing. I even bought a 500lb scale and offer to weigh any hog. 300 is HUGE for a feral. 500lbs is cow size. I've taken a couple that I thought for sure weighed 300 on the hoof only to see they barely made it to 200. I have a hard time believing this story. Hogs make a lot of noise coming up on you, but as soon as they make you they bust out of there pretty fast. It's scary having a big sounder come in on you while your on the ground though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom