Getting out of a wedding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How far down the family tree is it before you can say "screw it I am not going, it is opening weekend" or "its a big game" or "I just don't want to"?

Specifically for my friend and it is his son's brother in law who is getting married this fall.

My vote is anyone who gets married in the fall should be kicked out of the family. I mean, it is hunting and football season.
So your friend is invited.
His son’s wife’s brother is getting married.
Unless there is an actual name for the relationship, it’s a hard pass.
There is no sibling in law designation.
Son and wife go, Dad watches game or goes hunting, or anything else he damn well feels like doing.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How far down the family tree is it before you can say "screw it I am not going, it is opening weekend" or "its a big game" or "I just don't want to"?

Specifically for my friend and it is his son's brother in law who is getting married this fall.

My vote is anyone who gets married in the fall should be kicked out of the family. I mean, it is hunting and football season.
I refuse to attend weddings during deer season. Oct 1-january 15, dont call me

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Family responsibilities end at immediate.

If the guy is friendly with the dude, and he wants to go he should go.

My guess is; when an invitation is send, a gift is expected unless they specifically say only your attendance is expected. Probably fishing for stuff.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to say this but I regret not going to weddings of second and third cousins. The only time I see much of my family is funerals. I've never had a bad time at a wedding, even when single, it was a great opportunity for phone numbers and occasionally more. Go, make the best of it, have a couple of drinks and have fun. We are only here on earth for a short time and it seems like everyone especially government is against family bonds. Give the gov't the finger, go to the wedding unless you have much more pressing events or cannot afford it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to say this but I regret not going to weddings of second and third cousins. The only time I see much of my family is funerals. I've never had a bad time at a wedding, even when single, it was a great opportunity for phone numbers and occasionally more. Go, make the best of it, have a couple of drinks and have fun. We are only here on earth for a short time and it seems like everyone especially government is against family bonds. Give the gov't the finger, go to the wedding unless you have much more pressing events or cannot afford it.

Careful with that. You might accidentally hook up a third cousin that you've never met before. I'm sure that happens quite often.

Or worse, you could wind up with one of these...

Latest posts

Top Bottom