Getting out of a wedding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2399.gif

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaaa No! Friend’s son’s BIL is your friend’s son’s wife’s brother? That is definitely overstretching and falls in the category of if you want to sure but don’t feel bad staying home and changing the air in your tires.

In my small circle of real acquaintances, that relationship would be referred to as "shirt-tail relatives."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's an easy no on that one, too far removed imo.

As to the folks who plan a wedding on holidays, I know someone who planned their wedding on Christmas Eve. Family was there of course, they were there anyway for Christmas, but the friend attendance was almost zero lol.

I guess that I'm the outlier here. The wife and I got married on Christmas Day, largely because we wanted to get married when I came back from overseas military duty and couldn't get family all together until Christmas. I even extended in Pakistan for 3 months to make it happen.

Of course, I always say that I chose Christmas Day so I could buy one gift and two cards each year.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They say marriage is a 50-50 relationship but does anyone want to marry someone who is only investing 50% into the marriage? That's a bad bet.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend from Arkansas said it's illegal to marry your (first) cousin in Arkansas, but it's not illegal in California.

That might explain some things...

Now, y’all, my wife is from Arkansas, so I can ask this. If you get dee-vorced, can you still call her sis even though she’s your ex?

I kid you not, I’ve been to family events with her in Arkansas and her dad had three ex-wives, and ex-gf and a current gf there. All at the SAME time, same family function like Christmas /Easter/etc. And ain’t nobodies were kilt!

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So your friend is invited.
His son’s wife’s brother is getting married.
Unless there is an actual name for the relationship, it’s a hard pass.
There is no sibling in law designation.
Son and wife go, Dad watches game or goes hunting, or anything else he damn well feels like doing.
That is a correct line up, it is not me invited but him.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My reply to marriages- funerals- BD's and this kind of stuff- If you want me to attend- you should treat me like a good friend every time you see me. If I don't feel that you are genuine, tough crap- I'm not going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom