1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by gerhard1, May 10, 2020.

1. jakeman

jakeman Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My opinion now is; these 3 guys can't get a fair and impartial trial in that or any other county.

Guilty or Not, I think they'll be convicted.

2. 30Luger

30Luger Marksman

From what I could see in the video it was suicide.
    What else would you expect grabbing hold of the wrong end of a shotgun, with it pointed at you, and pulling?

As soon as any weapon is out that safety is OFF

3. 30Luger

30Luger Marksman

The jogger is now a Aspiring electrician! He was in the home under construction to look at wiring...

4. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Only if you carry with one in the chamber...Oh, wait, wrong thread..

5. 30Luger

30Luger Marksman

Bob at the gun store says after you get done shooting yell out " HALT OR I WILL SHOOT" then fire one more up in the are as a warning shot. This was part of his Marine training before he went to VIET NAM. The logic was that after the shooting nobody will recall if you gave the command to HALT and a warning shot first or second.

6. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Special Hen Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Interesting you would say that. In 1975
    I was in USMC as a guard at the US Disciplinary Barracks at Ft Leavenworth. Our rules of engagement were to yell halt 3 times and shoot to disable any escaping inmates. Our Captain told us he expected to hear halt as the last sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. KurtM

KurtM Sharpshooter

Special Hen
    Rating
    100%
    Funny you both say that. I once had to guard some transient aircraft on an island way west of here, thank God it hasn't capsized yet. Any how, as the detachment selected we were given an M-16A1 to guard these zoomie birds which had some sensitive stuff on them. Once these were issued to us, the butter bar in charge asked if there were any questions about confronting people violating the sanctity of the ready pad, a lowly little Snuffy asked where the ammo was to put in the empty magazine issued with the rifle. The BBIC replied that there would be no ammunition issued, at which point the Snuffy said screw you, there must not be anything important to guard out here and handed the rifle back. The last words I heard were......Office Hours!

pstmstr likes this.
  8. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Special Hen Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Not much better for us. Guard towers had 3 rounds of #6 birdshot sealed in plastic. When you took a prisoner outside the walls you had a 1911 empty with a 7 round mag in your pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro