Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to watch all of the available videos and read Georgia law on the subject. Aldo the original opinion of the DA and senior detective not to press charges. This wasn’t a new house where people just walk thru. It was a vacant house in a remodel and he had been there several times, including at night. He had a police record of theft and being a gun to a school. He wasn’t just out for a jog and he had plenty of alternatives other than attacking one of the men. Again, nothing but an attempt to placate the local black community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree he might not have just been out for a jog, but none of that matters unless they witnessed it occur or had “immediate knowledge” (I have read the Georgia law, and relevant case law applicable to the definition of its scope). Even if they did witness a crime, citizen’s arrest law does not authorize them to use the threat of deadly force to detain a nonviolent offender.

The fact that you can read everything available, watch the video of what occurred, and dismiss it as a “good shoot” is interesting. I’m betting there’s not much that would convince you otherwise. I won’t try to change your mind.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok....In IL. where we use to live, any time a new house would be built. Neighbors would always go in and look around thru out it's built. This was ...always been common, people would peek inside.

I am not taking sides here, as I said earlier ... common sense would have said, call police. Some people just cannot let go of things.

I do not know what happened in GA. except a man is dead, two are in jail.

I would hate to be on that jury.

Did you drive 13 miles away to said house and then look for things to take?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think any jury of their peers will convict them of murder and when I read the original prosecutors write up of it I agree no crime was committed by the 2 guys. An unfortunate situation for sure but not murder and it’s all about race with their arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, you are hung up on a well presented write up by prosecutors who are tainted by former association with the McMichaels. You are also focusing on the fact that Arbery had done something he shouldn't. The fact of the matter is that these two men had no legal right to stop and detain Arbery, and no way in hell had the right to do so with firearms. None. They tried to illegally detain him and he did what anyone would do, he fought for his life. Unfortunately he lost. If this had been a good shot taken, it wouldn't have gone to a grand jury, and a grand jury wouldn't have indicted the two McMichaels. They stepped over the line and cost a man his life.

And again, it does not matter what Arbery did before the encounter. If this had been two LEO's, yes, I would argue their case. But the fact that the McMichaels were not any type of LEO, that is what changes it. Now, if they have proof they witnessed Arbery commit a FELONY, which simple trespass is not, then they would have a case.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And again, it does not matter what Arbery did before the encounter. If this had been two LEO's, yes, I would argue their case. But the fact that the McMichaels were not any type of LEO, that is what changes it. Now, if they have proof they witnessed Arbery commit a FELONY, which simple trespass is not, then they would have a case.

Justified is justified. A costume doesn't justify ****, except in some statist bootlicker's mind.

So - it looks like these two are gonna get sentenced according to the political climate. Now Arbery will never get to finish college and find a cure for cancer, and the taxpayers will end up feeding these two idiot lardasses for the rest of their lives. It's a lose, lose, lose situation.

It'd be fun to see them acquitted though, think there would be violence? Maybe re-try them under Federal law to satisfy the public?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And again, it does not matter what Arbery did before the encounter.

Ok, I’ll play your game. If that’s your standing, then it also does not matter what the McMichaels did before the encounter either then.

Now let’s define “The encounter”.

Arbery, with several options/directions for flight, but instead charged Travis McMichael, who was carrying a firearm (that was not pointed at Arbery). Then Avery attacked Travis and attempted to take his firearm. Arbery received a contact wound in the palm of his hand and kept fighting for the gun. At which time he received two more rounds.

You really can’t pick and choose what individual items from the entire case that you want to build version of “the encounter” to get your own desired outcome, to suit your own agenda.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Autopsy says he died of two shotgun wounds to the chest.
Here’s my question: which one of those shotgun wounds to the chest did he die from?
Reasonable doubt is all I’m saying.
When you’re apprehending someone on the street who matches the description of a burglary suspect,
and he doesn’t respeck your authoritAH is it wrong to make sure he doesn’t do that again?

Latest posts

Top Bottom