Al Sharpton coming to Tulsa!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that if the case hadn't generated national attention the bond would we much lower. But now the media is in bed with the shootings and the DA's office is like strict parents setting an example to any future "random shooters". All while making sure the national media reports the amount of the bail.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bond for two idiots charged with murder in tulsa 9 million.
bond for two idiots charged with murder in tulsa joggers 2,050,000 million.

There are people protesting the bonds at tulsa courthouse. this fits in with this thread.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/sto...of-a-young-couple/Re8IB9EtOEOoLhG3Xr3CZw.cspx

http://www.newson6.com/story/173852...-jail-bond-set-in-good-friday-fatal-shootings
Glad to see they are protesting both instances, goes to show you that a community can pull together and not have double sta........oh wait, no they aren't. Nevermind.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sharpton has done more to set the Black American back than any other factor present in the last 20 years.

There is a reason why White America resents Black America and Black America is stuck in a rut... every time Sharpton (and Rangle plus a few others) open there mouth nothing really comes out... (that tunes out the White station) and Sharpton and clan are still sucessfully convincing the African Americans that the "man" has something to win by keeping him down.

I read history too. The Black community was a driving force in the 20's and was gaining strength by the 50's. Education, nuclear family, pride, faith and excellece in education --- where did that go since 1968?

Dr King died for nothing... and that makes a middle aged white guy sad.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All crimes are hate crimes it seems to me
I find the opposite to be true in way too many cases. For many violent acts are like a sport. They just maim and kill for something to do. They may pick out a victim based on color or by what they are wearing. If no one meets those criteria they may pick victims out based on social status, being to rich or to poor, or possibly a disability. In other words in many cases they are just looking for an excuse to do harm. If you are close when they decide to have some fun it will not matter, they will find some reason to attack.

There is hope for those who harm others out of misguided hate. They can be saved sometimes. Its those without hate or rational reason that I believe are beyond help.

Michael

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There should be no such thing as “hate crimes” charges, or even “protected classes”. Crime is crime, and no one should receive special status under the law. If we can assign stricter penalties to violent crimes based on intent, then should we not do that will all crime? Should burglary committed by someone who is stealing for money to feed their family or pay the rent be a lesser crime than burglary committed out of sheer greed? Theft is theft, assault is assault, murder is murder. It shouldn’t make a difference what the motive is.

The intent difference generally comes out in the sentencing phase - where mitigating circumstances may be considered depending upon what the law allows. But, in general, I agree with you that if a crime fits a particular category i.e. Murder 1 versus Murder 2 or manslaughter then it should be treated as such. Hate crime laws are really a way to punish not an act but wrong thinking and amount to little more than pandering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom