ALDI The Best Grocery Store On Earth - Unhinged Case Studies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder how all the other grocery stores survive not renting carts?

I’m also not a fan of our local aldi because it feels like I’m being herded thru a cattle chute. Not sure if they’re all that way.
I find better prices and selections at Crest and Firelake too.

Not arguing with anyone. Just my cents.
I've stopped in grocery stores in Colorado - areas with lots of bums. The carts have a lock on the wheel, and if you get too far from the store it locks up. Look at the Arkansas River bed, and along Riverside in Tulsa. I don't know how Lowes, Home Depot and Target have any carts left.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience their veg and fruit spoil faster than other places, but are fine if you use them quickly. Aldi is great for the basics. Bread, milk eggs, meat.

I really wish we had Lidl's here. I like them better than Aldi.
Agree re strawberries. Pay at cashier, On Your Mark Go like a bunny home to eat them or they'll be bad. Seriously, cutting the green stems off immediately upon arrival home will extend their life span by several days. Old trick learned from Mom. Mom and Dad been gone 14 and 17 years respectively. They still get smarter every year. Wish they'd been that smart when I was young, had all the answers without a clue to the questions. Miss them still very much. :) :) :)

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not, either, but you get your quarter back when you return the cart, so it's more of a security deposit than a rental fee. That's according to the videos; I can't say I've ever been to an Aldis.
Young neighbor kid...7 yo....and I have a contest to see who finds the most quarters left in the cart handles at Aldi.....honor system on the count. We pool those quarters and enjoy them at local ice cream shop. Good time, fun endeavor. :) :) :)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've stopped in grocery stores in Colorado - areas with lots of bums. The carts have a lock on the wheel, and if you get too far from the store it locks up. Look at the Arkansas River bed, and along Riverside in Tulsa. I don't know how Lowes, Home Depot and Target have any carts left.

Those carts were ~ $280 each, several years ago. A considerable investment, though pennies in the entire picture

We have made trips to Sam's and there were 0 carts available, inside.

Half the time at Aldi, Wif will offer to take the cart of someone leaving. 2 out of 3 will not take her $0.25. When we leave, we pass it on.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am thoroughly convinced that Homeland is the worst store on earth. Neither cheap, noR quality, nor hard to find items with bad customer service.

I have one close so every few month I will need something and "give them another chance" go in real quick only to have the experience end in disappointment.
Homeland owns every grocery store in town except Aldi’s and Walmart. We don’t have much choice about where to shop.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to park a way from the Crest on 23rd and meridian once befor thanksgiving. The damn wheels lock up. Didn’t know what was up a first. Kinda pissed me off carrying a cart of groceries to the truck. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom