ALDI The Best Grocery Store On Earth - Unhinged Case Studies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We buy there a lot. I pay just as much to use an Aldi cart as I do anywhere else lol. Nothing.
Exactly and the store on 2nd street in Edmond has multiple checkouts you scan but God knows how many members don't want the horror of that. 😂 I go there quite a bit and I do agree Crest is a great store as well.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife does a great job of grocery shopping. Aldi’s, Walmart neighborhood market, Costco, and Crest’s, all get some of her business. She knows what is the best source for what she intends to prepare.

And, the quarter deposit on the carts seems to be working. Everyone returns their cart to the proper place, and I have never seen one of theirs in a homeless camp.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly and the store on 2nd street in Edmond has multiple checkouts you scan but God knows how many members don't want the horror of that. 😂 I go there quite a bit and I do agree Crest is a great store as well.
We shop there every week for all the basics. Their pork sausage is pretty low fat and I like their cheese selection. Believe it or not, some of their frozen pizza is not bad either. We add toppings and cheese to make them better but not much.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like ALDIs. Veggies are 1/2 the price of homeland and my shadow doesn’t cross Walmarts doors. We like the cheese selection as well. Doesn’t bother me one bit to rent a cart.
I am thoroughly convinced that Homeland is the worst store on earth. Neither cheap, noR quality, nor hard to find items with bad customer service.

I have one close so every few month I will need something and "give them another chance" go in real quick only to have the experience end in disappointment.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Pub Cheese from Trader Joe's is really good . . . plus, their frozen Chinese food is definitely one thing I'd recommend trying if you dare to set foot in one. :)

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Pub Cheese from Trader Joe's is really good . . . plus, their frozen Chinese food is definitely one thing I'd recommend trying if you dare to set foot in one. :)
The orange chicken is divine. I am sad they discontinued the sweet and sour chicken. I once got the orange chicken at ALDI thinking it would be the same, instead it is like the factory seconds from TJs orange chicken.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not, either, but you get your quarter back when you return the cart, so it's more of a security deposit than a rental fee. That's according to the videos; I can't say I've ever been to an Aldis.

It's better than carts all over the parking lot and rolling into the side of your vehicle.

Maybe it is just what we normally buy, but we have stopped at Crest (104th), when headed home from her OU Med visits. Have not been impressed with their prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom