Alien Gear??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So got my 3.0s today, and thus far......quite impressed. Rode well all day, when I had to take the pistol and leave it in the car it was not a hassle to reholster or tuck around it. Found adjusting the ride height for better concealibity was easy and adjusting the retention was a snap.

Oh and swapping the shells out from one to another was cake.

Fiance hasn't tried hers yet, but she is impressed with how easy it all looks.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're having a pretty good sale right now, so I ordered two of their holsters which I received last week. They're really nice and probably the best holster I've owned so far. I got a 3.0 and OWB. They had a policy where you can exchange your shell for free which is nice of you decide to change guns .

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The free shell exchanges was a huge selling point for me. I went ahead and got three shells, even though I doubt I will ever try to conceal carry my SR40, just so there would be one on hand to exchange without having to go nekkid.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So. After wearing it for a week, I have to say I am still quite happy with the Alien Gear 3.0.

I wear it daily and with my job of riding in a car most of the time, and when not in a car, bending stooping, kneeling, laying down, and generally being all over the place, it is quite nice! I wear it with my shirt tucked in and it does a fairly good job of concealment. Looks more like my shirt is working to come untucked more than anything else. Have people who carry and can pick out quite often who is carrying easily, not notice it. The ride is adjustable and I carry it lower than it came from the factory.

I practice drawing from concealed with it on, and have gotten to where even with the shirt tucked in, I am able to draw fluidly and quickly with one hand.

I find it to ride quite comfortably between the 4 to 5 position, and even with the cell phones on the belt it is not a hindrance. I have forgotten I was wearing it, but luckily came to my senses before walking into the school. Returning the pistol into the holster is not an issue and the shell holds it shape allowing for quick entry. The adjustable retention is nice!

It is not the funnest to put on first thing in the morning and find it is much easier to put it in place with my pants undone which can lead to them being around my ankles if not paying attention. And rising from the throne is not an issue with it on. Tucking the shirt into place around is not an issue at all. It doesn't come untucked anymore wearing than not.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a little more that 6 months with these holsters, I am impressed. They are comfortable and have held up well. It is probably the most comfortable holster I have for my G26 and SR9C.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you fellas wearing an OWB Alien Gear?
I just got one a couple days ago for my 92FS and can't draw the pistol out of the holster without using my off hand to help.
Retention is loose, so much that the weapon falls out of the holster when turned upside down and my belt is as tight as I can comfortably get it.
I've tried anywhere from 3-6 o'clock and get the same results, the holster just moves too much to allow the weapon to be pulled.
Yes, I am what you might call skinny a**ed.

Just checking to make sure I'm not missing something before I send it back.
Thanks

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you fellas wearing an OWB Alien Gear?
I just got one a couple days ago for my 92FS and can't draw the pistol out of the holster without using my off hand to help.
Retention is loose, so much that the weapon falls out of the holster when turned upside down and my belt is as tight as I can comfortably get it.
I've tried anywhere from 3-6 o'clock and get the same results, the holster just moves too much to allow the weapon to be pulled. Yes, I am what you might call skinny a**ed. Just checking to make sure I'm not missing something before I send it back. Thanks

If you have not tried the metal J clip belt holders, it might be something to look at.

I am using a Crossbreed Super Tuck now for a 5 inch 1911 with metal J clips for the belt, which works well. It does not move around while drawing.

I have been looking at the Allen Gear IWB for another firearm and they look impressive, especially for the $. Looking at their belt clips, I can not see the standard ones holding well for me while drawing with my slim butt body build also, I think it would try to pull the holster up off the belt and out with the firearm.

I will most likely order the metal J clips on the Allen Gear I will be ordering.

I am considering getting a 1911 shell as an extra for a backup, but I am wondering if the top flap will cover the sharp edges on my cocked and locked 1911 hammer to keep it from gouging my side.

Anyone have experiences with Allen Gear IWB with a full size 1911?

Randyk1975

New to the site!
Reaction score
I use an alien gear owb with my glock 19. I wear a 5.11 tacticle belt and i really like mine. Holds tight against my body and stays still for the most part as long as my belt is tight enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom