All around rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SKS with a custom 12G Mossberg recoil pad extension. (Took me about an hour to make.)
Not only does it fix the short LoP, also I can shoot it all day long and not tire out my shoulder.
It really does wonders at absorbing the recoil.

View attachment 262718

After swapping enough parts to get out of 922 hell, I had some fun. Added the muzzle brake. Added a dust cover with scope mount. A shell deflector and a basic 4x scope. And everything can still be undone to take it back to 100% original.
It's configured such that all I have to do is swap the dust cover to go back to a scope-less setup and can switch back and forth in a matter of seconds.
I also have a few 20 and 30 round steel magazines (duck bill style).
Now, it's the opposite. Same as an AK.
Exactly.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I do think Ruger should have done is make the Mini 14 use AR mags but I understand why they never did with the way Democrats are.
Ruger mini 14’s were not banned in the Clinton assault weapon ban that lasted from 94-2004. Old Bill Ruger is the one that coined the phrase high-capacity magazines. He believed that only law-enforcement or the military should have them. Fast forward to present day and even his guns aren’t protected in California anymore. Seeing as his proprietary magazines that come with the guns we’re predominantly 5 or 10 rounders it was never really thought of as an issue.

I agree it would be nice if there was an adapter where we could use AR15/M16 magazines in them

Last edited:

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger mini 14’s were not banned in the Clinton assault weapon ban that lasted from 94-2004. All Bill Ruger is the one that coined the phrase high-capacity magazines. He believed that only law-enforcement or the military should have them. Fast forward to present day and even his guns aren’t protected in California anymore. Seeing as his proprietary magazines that come with the guns we’re predominantly 10 rounders it was never really thought an issue.

I agree it would be nice if there was an adapter where we could use AR15/M16 magazines in them
neither were ar15 banned. but they are gonna fix that someday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom