All around rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
neither were ar15 banned. but they are gonna fix that someday.
Technically yes and no. The AR15s that were sold were no longer sold in the configuration that they were recognized as unless grandfathered. They became neutered. So technically a gun that you could buy a 93 you could no longer buy new in 94 as previously configured. No more threaded barrels with flash hiders, no more evil who’s ever been killed by a bayonet lug, new 30 round magazines were marked for law-enforcement or military purposes only and were banned from public ownership with a prison sentence if found with one, no more telescoping butt stocks. You could buy a neutered AR15A1 style, but not an M4. Lots of stupidness that went on back then.

I’ve forgot a lot of it but remember the Democrats paid dearly when it came to election time. They lost both the House and the Senate overwhelmingly because of this Clinton BS.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Technically yes and no. The AR15s that were sold were no longer sold in the configuration that they were recognized as unless grandfathered. They became neutered. So technically a gun that you could buy a 93 you could no longer buy new in 94 as previously configured. No more threaded barrels with flash hiders, no more evil who’s ever been killed by a bayonet lug, new 30 round magazines were marked for law-enforcement or military purposes only and were banned from public ownership with a prison sentence if found with one, no more telescoping butt stocks. You could buy a neutered AR15A1 style, but not an M4. Lots of stupidness that went on back then.

I’ve forgot a lot of it but remember the Democrats paid dearly when it came to election time. They lost both the House and the Senate overwhelmingly because of this Clinton BS.
Yes but they still have not learned from it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes but they still have not learned from it.
No, they learned from it. What they learned was if you're going to auger in anyway, go in at full throttle. That's precisely how we got Obamacare. It's the big difference between Dems and the GOP--the Dems will pay the price knowing that the pendulum will eventually swing back their way and the GOP doesn't have the cojones to undo what they've done.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, if you look in the classifieds my Camp 9 is there trying for a Mini 14, also listed elsewhere. Besides I do not need to troll the AR, it is self trolling. It is a girly man rifle.
Yep, trolling.
EE3404D6-58C6-4A3E-B76E-24B9B05BA595.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The M16 sucked when it first came out in the mid late 60s. But that was the governments fault. They changed things up and that gave it issues. The military/Army went and fecked things up.

When I was in the Navy we had the old M16s that were full auto with the triangle grips. I always thought they were ugly. But when the M16 got updated and they took the carry handles off them and started free-floating the barrels, that’s when I started taking an interest to them.

Before that I liked old military surplus and cheap comblock boom sticks. My tastes have evolved over the years when it comes to firearms.
Exactly the same rifle I was issued and like you hated the hell out of it. Accuracy was non existent with that 1:14 twist in the original issue. Bullets just tumbled out of the barrel.
After discharge would go into gun shops with ar's on the rack and comment how worthless they were.
Later in life after learning more about bullets, twists, and how they revolve around each other I started looking into the plastic guns.
They have to be one of the most versatile guns in existence currently, shooting everything from .17 to .450 big bores accurately.
The National 1000 yard matches at Camp Perry has been won with the modified AR platform more than once.
My most accurate rifle is a .243 WSSM in the AR platform with a 1:12 twist that puts bullets into the same cloverleaf hole every time if I do my part.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I can think of one plastic stock rifle I would like. Springfield made the M1a in 243 win for awhile and I know some of them have plastic stocks. :P :P :P

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, they learned from it. What they learned was if you're going to auger in anyway, go in at full throttle. That's precisely how we got Obamacare. It's the big difference between Dems and the GOP--the Dems will pay the price knowing that the pendulum will eventually swing back their way and the GOP doesn't have the cojones to undo what they've done.
It has nothing to do with having the cojones. The Republicans have never had a super majority or the ability to do what you’re talking about. Since Obamacare was passed, the Republicans have had a simple majority. They have not had a super majority which constitute something like 2/3 or 3/4.

There is a big difference there. Republicans have not had that Bility whether they tried to or not because they have not had the numbers period.

Obamacare was passed with not one Republican vote. Obamacare was passed barely by just one vote with all the Democrats that they had. Many couldn’t or wouldn’t agree with it then. And it was passed because a republican passed away as in died. Obama illegally appointed a democrat replacement that was not contested. That’s how they get their Obamacare passed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom