All The Open Carry Folks wanted a court decision......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....now they've got one.

http://www.volokh.com/2012/08/30/unusual-fourth-amendment-second-amendment-case/

Unfortunately it didn't turn out the way they wanted and has now resulted in a circuit court affirming the authority of a police officer to stop, disarm, and detain a person carrying a firearm openly for the purpose of determining if it is being carried legally.

If only the militant wing would've kept their junk concealed and stopped trying to make a point with their iphones......:urwelcome:

Michael Brown

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Stupid is a sad condition. It should be illegal.

"What should we do today?" "I know. I will take my AK to the park and see if I can aggravate the population into calling the cops. Why, they have nothing else to do today but explain to me that I am stupid."

Rhino4552

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems a bit ridiculous to do such a thing. An AK in a public park? Just to prove a point? Its people like this that make it more difficult for those that dont try to prove points to carry.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People should start posting on his videos that's he's a friggin moron and maybe he'd stop.

Highly unlikely. Morons rarely, if ever, can be made to understand that they are the problem and not the answer ... Until the more moderate members of society become a bit more extreme (yeah, I KNOW, right?!?! :) ) in our approach to handling the extremists on both ends of the spectrum nothing is gonna change and the extremists will continue to just go around mucking up a perfectly good world ... :(

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The suspicion was not based on openly carrying a handgun that reasonably appeared to be a handgun. It was based on openly carrying a handgun that reasonably looked like an illegally modified rifle. Additionally, the defendant had painted the tip of the barrel orange, which aroused further suspicion that it might be an attempt to disguise an illegally modified rifle.

Furthermore, you can thank the NRA for the Second Amendment's limitation to a handgun for purposes of self defense within one's home.

However, I don't expect people who don't read before posting or commenting to comprehend that. Most people will just take the title of the thread or an excerpt and run with it, while in reality the full story is needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom