All you chefs out there ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds good...one of us will be over....gives one of us an excuse to drive the Z

KK, just text first to make sure GC doesn't have me ... errrr ... tied up ... doing something else ... ;)

ooo, fresh eggs are the best... extend that offer this way?

Until I can figure out a way to make money off them and not have folks I don't know coming to my house, yeah! Bring me a carton, you can have some eggs ... If I start selling you can right of first refusal ...

GC tells me I have no clue what the cartons cost as the last ones he picked up were 50 cents apiece, not 2 bucks apiece. But then again, GC only counts the actual cost of the carton -- not the tax, not the time and gas it took to go pick them up, not the maintenance on the vehicle ... LOL

Ramos Gin Fizz.
1/4 cup (2 ounces) gin
1 dash (3 to 4 drops) orange blossom water*
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) half-and-half
1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) simple syrup
1 cup ice cubes

Just about any kind of drink can be made into a fizz with the addition of an egg white, I personally like tito's vodka with a splash of malibu in pineapple juice, a little half and half one egg white and shake, shake, shake your body now.

My wife bought me a boston shaker and a mixer ball as my anniversary present.

Home made mayonnaise, yummy goes great on those fried egg and bacon sandwiches.

Jalapeño deviled eggs, I use pickled jalapeño chopped into a relish in the place of sweet relish when I make deviled eggs.

Jeez ... THAT sounds really good ... Ima off to get some gin this afternoon ... Thanks!!

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Anyway, like I was sayin', egg is the fruit of the farm. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, egg-kabobs, egg creole, egg gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple egg, lemon egg, coconut egg, pepper egg, egg soup, egg stew, egg salad, egg and potatoes, egg burger, egg sandwich. That- that's about it"

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ebay has egg cartons on the cheap!

LINK

and Quiche is a great way to use up some eggs!

mamadeon.files.wordpress.com_2011_03_quiche_veg.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Ewwwww ... fried eggs on a hamburger??!?! That makes me queasy just thinking about it ... LOL

You bet! Yummyness!

I have a tuna salad "recipe" that uses boiled egg, my grandma's potato salad has boiled egg in it. I put boiled eggs on salad. My wife and I have started keeping a carton of boiled eggs handy in the fridge for just these purposes. She also eats them plain.

Also, quiches use a lot of egg, and can be done up with a lot of different spices/flavors.

Scrambled eggs can be spiced up with onions/peppers/bacon or whatever you want. I've even put in some homemade salsa before.

First off, thats not a bunch, I ordered 35 once. When the dog killed a bunch, i was mad, when the raccoons invaded, i wasnt sorry. When the hawks got hungry, it was ok. When the last one disapeared, i rejoiced. Chickens feed the wildlife around here. Rather buy my eggs.

Nasty fowls they are.

Truth! Chickens are eeeeeevil!

I've personally witnessed chickens taking scrap chicken bones from cats.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Potato pancakes/buns
shred fresh potatoes, throw in some flour, fresh herbs, a jalepeno, and a couple of eggs, mix by hand, and fry in cast iron skillet. Start with a ball and smash into the skillet until they are 3/8" thick.
use em as hash browns with some fried eggs, or grill a burger, and use them for buns. They won't fall apart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom