All you chefs out there ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need some recipes that use eggs ... lots and lots of eggs ... :anyone:

When GC and I got chicks this spring I got more than I should have, fully prepared to lose a few due to the following facts:

1. We had no real clue what we were doing ...
2. We have several cats that like to toy with small, defenseless animals ... and
3. We had a dog that we didn't know if he would be gentle with them or not.

Well, here we are now, with 9 of the original 11 chicks (one turned out to be a rooster, the other ... well ... she's just no longer with us. Let's just leave it at that, shall we? :ugh2:) and they are ALL laying ... every single day, they bestow their fruit upon us ... :ugh2::ugh2:

I can only store so many eggs ... and I can only eat so many omelets and so much lemon curd ...

So ... any ideas??

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A sign in the yard that says Will trade EGGS for GUNS!

Google is your best friend for recieps
Egg custard is a favorite
Any pie with Meringue on it.
Fried eggs
Boiled eggs
Easter eggs
Fried Chicken (gets rid of an egg a day)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fried Chicken (gets rid of an egg a day)

I can't ... They are GC's BABIES ... It's disgusting!! I call him "The Chicken Whisperer". The little bee-atches will come running ... RUNNING!! everytime they see him. They can hardly hide their distain when it's "just" me ... They will let him pick them up and coo at him like ... well ... like BADGEBUNNIES!! :D

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ran into this when i was a kid. we had 12-15 laying hens at all times. Eventually mother bought a buch of new egg cartons online and had dad take them to work put in the fridge to give away....IF they brought back the cartons. We always had plenty of eggs and so did most the folks where he worked.

We never tryed to sell them on account of how far in the boondocks we lived.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ran into this when i was a kid. we had 12-15 laying hens at all times. Eventually mother bought a buch of new egg cartons online and had dad take them to work put in the fridge to give away....IF they brought back the cartons. We always had plenty of eggs and so did most the folks where he worked.

We never tryed to sell them on account of how far in the boondocks we lived.

I tried that ... I've had ONE person bring back their carton ... Go figure. You'd think that me giving them FREE eggs and asking for the carton back to refill it would not be that hard to do. WTF is wrong with people??

I didn't really think about selling them either because I don't want folks coming to my house.

I'll figure something out, I'm sure ... even if it's just boiling and grinding them and feeding them back to the hens. It's just I've never really used eggs for much of anything except baking stuff. Man oh man ... let the holidays get here ... HURRY!! LOL

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hand the extras out to the neighborhood teens and tell them to have a good time. They will find wonderful and creative uses and the police will stay busy and insurance companies will get steady work. Win all around!

Seriously,,,,,

Pickled eggs are good with beers on game day,they are used to make cookies and other assorted pastries, and all kinds of other stuff. IF you couldn't find a use for all of them, I'd start giving them away to Salvation Army or local food banks. The incredible, edible egg. :)

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love eggs and free ones are even better, but I don't think it would be cost effective for me to drive all the way o'r there to get some.

I say find some neighbors with good gardens and do some trading? Or maybe setup a booth at the gun show lol!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom