Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A while back I had a large stash of ammo and primers I sold for about what I paid for them, plus the tax. One guy added 60 cents per round after I sold him a fair amount. I was hoping it would generate some much needed “good will” for others who have large amounts of hoarded munitions. Have not seen any evidence of this since that time. Still don’t know what a neckbeard is. Would be nice to see a little generosity on this site. Not talking about the guys with a few hundred rounds, but I’m sure there are many with thousands, if not tens of thousands of rounds. I keep forgetting that I’m a dinosaur.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Manufacturers prices at the retail counter. Neck beards hoarding the ammo to resell is the markup percentage.
I have thousands of rounds of ammo and wouldn't think of gouging my fellow shooters 1 Cent over what I paid for it if any were to be sold. I just don't operate where the almighty dollar makes me take advantage of other folks disadvantage.
You can scream all you want about supply and demand BS. If it wasn't for the neckbeards buying to resell there would be no shortage. It's an artificial market.
I’ll take 1000 rounds for 25 cents , Alex……. meet you in BA on your next trip :)

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understand that the high prices are NOT mostly free market forces. 90% of the problem is government.

Imagine what the price would be without the Chinese and Russian import bans. Not to mention the VERY high excise tax.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prices come and prices go. I sold some 50 round boxes of 357 JHP for $30 a box I only paid $22 plus tax. I must be a scalper, but we rarely see anyone selling for what was the old price.

When you lay out good money for you and your family to shoot why do you expect old prices to apply? Most want to complain because they see the treads but don’t want to invest in shooting sports IMO. This seems to happen over and over to experience shooters.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prices come and prices go. I sold some 50 round boxes of 357 JHP for $30 a box I only paid $22 plus tax. I must be a scalper, but we rarely see anyone selling for what was the old price.

When you lay out good money for you and your family to shoot why do you expect old prices to apply? Most want to complain because they see the treads but don’t want to invest in shooting sports IMO. This seems to happen over and over to experience shooters.

And you were a dang good sport to meet me so early! Thanks again!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we blame "neckbeards" for high ammo prices, let's not spare "netbeards" from scorn for higher gun prices. 😉

"Netbeards are defined as men sitting at home on the internet intently staring at their computers while watching gun and ammo forums waiting to see what will show up for sale in the classified ads.

They immediately post "I'll take it!" or "PM/IM sent" to snap up what they can afford to purchase with the intent of selling it for a profit in the future.

Netbeards were alluded to as the online equivalents of box store neckbeards waiting in person to grab up all the ammo they can for resale."
Supply, and demand, a free market economy, setting prices on everything has worked well in this country, and everywhere else it is practiced. Government control of EVERYTHIUNG including prices, has never worked anywhere! As Gordon Lightfoot once said," WHEN WILL WE EVER LEARN?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom