Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet this thread gets shut down lol😂😂😂
bottom line - quit buying at idiot prices and the price will drop like a rock. several online vendors have "out of stock - sign up to be notified when available" --- if you sign up a mirical happens and they contact you about their $70 primers that just arrived. fools are propping up the prices by buying

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What percentage markup equals gouging?
Manufacturers prices at the retail counter. Neck beards hoarding the ammo to resell is the markup percentage.
I have thousands of rounds of ammo and wouldn't think of gouging my fellow shooters 1 Cent over what I paid for it if any were to be sold. I just don't operate where the almighty dollar makes me take advantage of other folks disadvantage.
You can scream all you want about supply and demand BS. If it wasn't for the neckbeards buying to resell there would be no shortage. It's an artificial market.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think that's nonsense. There are a lot of factors that figure in to this shortage besides "neckbeards". There are millions of new shooters that are also buying ammo. There are tens of millions of "veteran" shooters also looking for ammo. Politics plays a part. A few years ago, during the last rush on ammo, raw materials were in short supply for various reasons. You may think supply and demand is BS, but that BS is a driving factor in everything that's produced.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think that's nonsense. There are a lot of factors that figure in to this shortage besides "neckbeards". There are millions of new shooters that are also buying ammo. There are tens of millions of "veteran" shooters also looking for ammo. Politics plays a part. A few years ago, during the last rush on ammo, raw materials were in short supply for various reasons. You may think supply and demand is BS, but that BS is a driving factor in everything that's produced.
I'll have to partly agree with you because of the number of new shooters, some of which are democrats.
Remington has opened a new factory putting out a million rounds a day, and that can't keep up because of the very evidence on this board of people taking advantage of those veteran shooters you referenced that can't get out and buy enough ammo during the sweet times to weather the short times because of economic disadvantages. Not everybody has the ability to stock up thousands of rounds to "flatten the curve".
Those are the folks that are forced to pay $50 or more for a bulk box of .22 ammo that sold at Atwood's or Academy for $30.
9mm going for $1 a round and the insanity continues.
Certainly they don't have to buy it, but when you need ammo, the gougers are there to accommodate.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Manufacturers prices at the retail counter. Neck beards hoarding the ammo to resell is the markup percentage.
I have thousands of rounds of ammo and wouldn't think of gouging my fellow shooters 1 Cent over what I paid for it if any were to be sold. I just don't operate where the almighty dollar makes me take advantage of other folks disadvantage.
You can scream all you want about supply and demand BS. If it wasn't for the neckbeards buying to resell there would be no shortage. It's an artificial market.

How do "neckbeards" get this ammo?

They get up early, stand in line, buy what they can for as little as they can.

Anyone with a little ambition could do the same, and if they felt altruistic they could sell it to their fellow shooters at cost. Or they could mark it up and make money - since they purchased it fair and square, they can do what they choose.

Or - they could sleep in and whine because the ammo's hard to find and overpriced.

There are zero laws keeping Joe Citizen from being the "early bird" and getting the ammo when it's available.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do "neckbeards" get this ammo?

They get up early, stand in line, buy what they can for as little as they can.

Anyone with a little ambition could do the same, and if they felt altruistic they could sell it to their fellow shooters at cost. Or they could mark it up and make money - since they purchased it fair and square, they can do what they choose.

Or - they could sleep in and whine because the ammo's hard to find and overpriced.

There are zero laws keeping Joe Citizen from being the "early bird" and getting the ammo when it's available.

If we blame "neckbeards" for high ammo prices, let's not spare "netbeards" from scorn for higher gun prices. 😉

"Netbeards are defined as men sitting at home on the internet intently staring at their computers while watching gun and ammo forums waiting to see what will show up for sale in the classified ads.

They immediately post "I'll take it!" or "PM/IM sent" to snap up what they can afford to purchase with the intent of selling it for a profit in the future.

Netbeards were alluded to as the online equivalents of box store neckbeards waiting in person to grab up all the ammo they can for resale."

Jack Johnson

GOD, GUNS, and GUTS made AMERICA GREAT
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Don't forget about covid, I saw a report that the US is getting less than 1/3 of the gunpowder from Australia than it was pre pandemic. On top of that, no dock workers to unload the powder when it gets here. Lots of interdiction in the supply chain for ammo. This report came from a large ammo manufacturer in the US, the bad thing is they say the worst is yet to come. They say another shutdown happening now in Australia will kill the ammo manufacturing for months. Get ready, lead will be worth it's weight in gold.... figuratively speaking of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom