1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And so it begins!

Discussion in 'Rifle & Shotgun Discussion' started by Tanis143, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    *shakes his head*

bigred1 likes this.
  2. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This is one of the reasons I don't like "dressing up" my stuff with punisher skulls, etc. FYI...

Aries likes this.
  3. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I remember that when it happened. And to a point I understand the concern, especially on an officer's duty weapon. But this is my personal weapon. I don't use it to detain, I use it to protect me and mine. If someone breaks into my house and see's the end of the barrel of that rifle, then the message on the dust cover will be accurate.

4. Ethan N

Ethan N Previously ethansisson

Whether right or not, they’re still going to argue that it demonstrates that you have an eager attitude about using deadly force, so the force was unjustified, even premeditated. Don’t give anyone the ammunition to make you out to be someone who wants to kill when that’s not what you are.

I’m thinking of getting Psalm 44:6 engraved on my upper, on the left side where I can always see it:

That more accurately reflects the mindset I pray I always have when it comes to the use of force.

I do like your new Snek lower though. :patriot:

5. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    They'll use the fact that I have an AR-15 as proof of my eager attitude to use deadly force. The sheer fact I have more than 3 firearms does that. I get what you're saying, and I don't begrudge you for your opinion. You're right that they would use that against me, if they could. Seeing how I would only use it against a home intruder there isn't much wiggle room for them to say anything. It's not like I would be carrying this on a daily walk. That's the major difference between the case listed above and if I ever had to use an AR. Once someone enters my home without my permission the gloves are off. The family can try and claim whatever they want, try to use whatever they want, in the end I still have the right to use deadly force against an intruder. And truth be told, I probably wouldn't use it as it would most likely be in my safe while my bedside pistol is there and ready. So the chances it would even be seen are so miniscule that I feel its not even a risk.

6. Ethan N

Well, everyone has a different level of risk tolerance and that’s okay. I certainly don’t think you’re being foolish or anything by keeping something like that. I agree there’s nothing wrong with it. I just personally prefer not to take on that particular risk.

Thankfully you live in Oklahoma where you’re unlikely to receive undue harassment for justified use of force and you’re supposed to have civil immunity, so there likely wouldn’t be any jury to hear a stupid argument like you were eager to kill someone because you had something fun on one of your guns.

Just do me a favor and upgrade those JHPs in your .40. :tounge2:

7. Catt57

Catt57 Gill-Gun Guru

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    "UPDATE: Despite the prosecution’s best efforts, the inscription on Officer Brailsford’s rifle was ultimately ruled inadmissible."

"Maricopa County Superior Court Judge George Foster found the evidence “totally prejudicial” and ruled it inadmissible."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...issible-daniel-shaver-murder-trial/648709001/

Ethan N likes this.
  8. Ethan N

Woohoo! Hopefully that’s the start of a trend.