Announcement #2 We have a Pit...well sort of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bull$hit. I have to bite my tongue all the time for all my extremely religious friends that can't handle a little challenge to their beliefs. There is a very narrow set of friends that are of similar thought in real life. That's one reason I like to express myself here on the interwebz.

Right. You would rather express yourself by calling names on the "interwebz" because doing it live is a bit problematic for you.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been told by friends that are christians, that Christmas has nothing to do with jesus.

+1... Christmas had nothing to do with christianity in our churches growing up.

I guess this would depend on what "faith" it was that created Christmas. Jesus was more likely to have been born in the Spring of the year than at the end. While we celebrated Christmas when I grew up, it was more of the secular holiday than a religious one. Other faiths or beliefs might have put some stock in Christmas being mostly religious, but I don't think ours did. We were, and still are, members of the church of Christ.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure. I can see that ... if you were growing up in a mosque or a synagogue. After all, why would Christians celebrate the birth of the namesake of their religion?

How is it I know more about christianity than you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom