another public land coyote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. The shotgun is the new Remington turkey/predator 870. It came with the red/green dot sight, which I'm not sure yet how I like it. I killed the coyote in the pic at 14 steps with a 3" load of Winchester B shot.
Don I'm not sure yet if I will be at the hunt this year.I'm trying to get on a ranch in south Texas and can't do both. You all have a good time.

Scott

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice coyote. Terrible hat. :)

What he said on the hat Scott but cool pic of the coyote. I called some public a few yrs ago and got a coyote and a cat in 3 stands and it is a place that gets quite a bit of pressure and I did not get off the road much. Sometimes you just catch them hungry. I'm with Scott Crag...keep going.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What he said on the hat Scott but cool pic of the coyote. I called some public a few yrs ago and got a coyote and a cat in 3 stands and it is a place that gets quite a bit of pressure and I did not get off the road much. Sometimes you just catch them hungry. I'm with Scott Crag...keep going.

You guys are a tough crowd! Of course I like OSU also, unless they are playing OU!

crag83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All,

It seemed the website was down for a bit, so I have been out of commish. I wanted to let you all know that I am not giving up; however I did purchase a foxpro spitfire. My next hunting experience is on some private land of 100 acres out in Harrah, so hopefully I will hvae better luck. Also, I can place the call away from me, so I have a better chance of picking them off. I guess that the coyotes on the land have attacked their domestic dogs. I have heard to locate their food source and stage from there. Have you heard anything like that? I appreciate the info okhunter, it looks like you did well. I can't wait to get my first one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom