Another RK flea market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVCooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anybody goes to the RK show in T-town this weekend, post a report. They just had one a few weeks ago and it was the worst excuse for a gun show I have ever been to. Just wondering if they've made any improvements from the last one. Great place if you need a new purse or tons of junk jewelry. I think i did see a couple of guns tucked
in between a t-shirt booth and some clown selling those cheesy magical-mystery fire-starters but I was possibly mistaken.
Anyway, that's my gripe and I'm sticking to it.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am surprised they actually still hold gun shows, they have gotten so stupid. Now with that said, I attended Wannemachers for the first time in my life last year and enjoyed it. And previous to it, I had not stepped a foot in a Gun Show in over 20 years. 20 years ago they were getting stupid with outrageous prices, and junk started creeping in like you mention. So you and I hold the same opinion of them. Waste of money spent in my book.

maat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went this morning. I was looking to buy a new 30.06. Found very few and no good deals. I ended up buying a new rifle at Acadamy.

It looked thin compared to the last one. Can't figure why they chose to have a show just a week after another show.

RVCooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've reached the saturation point on these shows. Aren't near enough vendors to fill the slots it looks like to me. And why is admission less for wanamkers than the little shows? I'm just gonna quit on these small shows. We're not getting anything for our buck here anymore.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that one local dealer told me said that the Tulsa RK show at the end of January was the last one he'd go to as a dealer.

I went to the last Wanamaker show on a Sunday and heard the same thing from a few venders there. At around 2pm alot of venders were packing up and leaving early and they made announcements that those who left early would not be able to reserve a space next year. Seems all of the gunshows are suffering from low turnout and/or lack of buying customers.
RK hasn't been a good show in a long time.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RV, at these little shows. You pay one price, $14 for example and that is good for both days. At the Wanamaker, you pay $10 each day. You think there has been a lot of shows in the past, there will be 27 shows at the Okc fairgrounds this year. That is one every other weekend.
I guess I look at thing different, I went to the Tulsa show this weekend and had a great time. I met some new people, saw some other people I usually don't see unless it's at a gun show. Saw lot's of eye candy, and expanded my wish list.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is wrong to pay admission to a place where you will spend money buying things.

It would be like paying to get into Walmart. Walmart does sell guns and ammo and you expect other junk too.

It has been over twenty years since I have been to one. When the admission went up to six dollars I could no longer look at it as entertainment.

That said I do want to go to Wannemacher show because a friend from Florida goes every year and I would like to see him again. He helps a friend of his at a table every show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom