antelope cimarron county (doe) tips...land to hunt....etc....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rita Blanca National grasslands is public hunting for speed goats. As I understand it, at the check in, there will be ranchers there with land to lease, or maybe some flyers on a bulletin board, with numbers to call.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rita Blanca National grasslands is public hunting for speed goats. As I understand it, at the check in, there will be ranchers there with land to lease, or maybe some flyers on a bulletin board, with numbers to call.

Bottom line is that you can hunt Rita Blanca as public land or pay a landowner a trespass fee. I don't put in for the Speed Goat hunt because of this. The majority of the oprotunity is on Private ground and I am not willing to draw a once in a lifetime tag and then pay to hunt. I can draw a tag elsewhere and just pay for the tag and then hunt.

Slicktricktj

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drew a buck tag last year. From what I heard, a lot of landowners will let you come shoot a doe for free. Just have to do some legwork to find them. Might start with craigslist. And congrats to your wife, my best friend drew the same hunt and this was his first year to ever apply.

Slicktricktj

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, you guys who are afraid of having to pay after drawing the tag, I paid about $300 bucks to hunt 5000 acres for 5 days. I don't know of anywhere else you can get a $5 dollar permit (lifetime license holder) and a 5 day hunt for that price.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted there in a draw hunt 2 years ago. Found a land owner that was one hell of a nice individual. PM me for his contact information and I will get it when I get home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom