antelope cimarron county (doe) tips...land to hunt....etc....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The landowners i talked to while down there were real reasonable. I (tipped) the family that took us out, but they did not ask for anything. The other guy we talked with said if you bring my wife a nice bottle of wine you can kill a doe on my property. So if no luck on public dont sweat asking some landowners

C

cimarroncowgirl

Antelope range widely and just having one landowner's permission doesn't make it OK to hunt on his neighbor's property. You may shoot the antelope on public land, (there's a half section just north of me) and the wounded animal may move to neighboring land where you don't have permission. Guided hunts give you permission on lots more land, and are worth it for the serious hunter. And sometimes meals may be included- it can be a long drive to town to eat.

Now for the REAL sport of it try hunting them with bows like the Indians did!

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last Summer I ran into a recently retired dairy farmer from Cimmaron Cty up at the Capital. We talked for about 30 minutes, he told me about his farm, his late wife, his kids (grown adults as he was about 80 years old). I asked him about antelope and his attitude changed. He HATED them and told me if I could come out there I could shoot all of them I wanted. Now, granted he had sold his land, nbut he assured me there would NOT be a problem shhoting antelope. I had his address and phone number in my wallet for a while, but I pretty sure that I lost it. I'll try to find it.

Dreaming Man

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Know how to tell if someone is from Cimarron County? Just wait. They’ll make sure to tell you. 🤣

Why not? We take great pride in the fact that Boise City got bombed in WWII and that Cimarron County was the epicenter of the Dust Bowl.

We relish disasters, although the bombing didn't result in any casualties or injuries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom